|Hiring Organization||JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai|
|Post Name||Server – Sports Bar|
|Qualification||High School Diploma or equivalent|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||AED 2000 To AED 2500 Per Month|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates 00000|
Greet and serve the guest in accordance with the JW Marriott’s food and beverage standards. Display aggressive hospitality with both guests and co-workers. Take pride in all facets of the service including quality, appearance, and cleanliness of self and restaurant. Smile is to be a part of the uniform.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Part Time position for six (6) months based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Locally available in the United Arab Emirates with a valid Residence Visa
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position within a five-star hotel
Skills and Knowledge
- Customer focused
- Good communication skills
- Good team-player
- Minimum lifting 50 lbs.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals
- Prolonged periods of standing and/or walking
- Be able to sing as part of the restaurant concept
Education or Certification
- High School Diploma or equivalent
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Follow all JW Marriott policies and procedures
- Comply with the “clean as you go” policy
- Practice safe work habits at all times
- Report to work on time and in a neat, clean, and pressed uniform including name badge, Daily Basics card, pen, pad, bottle opener, lighter, and pieces of cork
- Follow self-cashiering procedures
- Report problems immediately to a supervisor
- Set up the restaurant efficiently and accurately, including the tables, bar, and anti-pasta/fish counter
- Actively participate in daily stand-up briefings and taste panels
- Ensure knowledge of the Basic of the Day and the Food and Beverage Brand Standards, and ensure these are followed
- Handle an assigned station, and leave the floor only after permission from a supervisor
- Take and serve guest orders promptly and according to Brand Standards, sequence of service, and sales dialogue
- Be aware of any 86 items
- Always offer a choice of sparkling or still water
- Check back after two bites of the main course
- Crumb the table after the main course or when necessary
- Change the ashtray after two butts and after putting dishes on the table
- Offer a refill when a third of the drink is left
- Clear empty glasses and dishes as necessary
- Serve all beverages in accordance with Brand Standards and Use Records
- Answer any guest questions about the menu items, daily specials, and beverages, including knowledge of the ingredients, preparation methods, and garnishes. Make appropriate suggestions to suit guest needs and proactively up-sell items.
- Check food before serving it to the guest to ascertain that appearance, temperature, and portions are correct.
- Operate the MICROS and Respak system accurately:
- Ensure accurate and informative punching of orders
- Have any voids or adjustments initialed by a supervisor
- Enter and update the Respak system accurately, without adding unnecessary profiles
- Ensure the prompt bussing of tables once the guest has departed. Ensure all re-setups of tables are clean, stained-free, and accurate, with special attention to detail.
- Side stations must be clean and organized at all times.
- Do all necessary set-up and side work assigned.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management. This may involve working in or moving to another Food & Beverage outlet.
- Perform cashier duties, if required. This involves handling tickets and cash as per Marriott International Food and Beverage SOP.
- To perform all other reasonable duties required in the operation and as requested by management.
Safety and Security
- Report work-related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to the manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company, hotel, and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional, and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property-specific processes (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests’ service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences, and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests’ service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest’s name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one’s voice, using the callers’ name, transferring calls to the appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International’s portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly.