|Hiring Organization||Four Seasons Hotel Seoul|
|Post Name||Butcher Commis|
|Qualification||High school education, cooking school or culinary institute education, or equivalent experience|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||KRW 100000 To KRW 200000 Per Month|
|Location||Seoul, South Korea|
At Four Seasons, we believe in recognizing a familiar face, welcoming a new one, and treating everyone we meet the way we would want to be treated ourselves. Whether you work with us, stay with us, live with us, or discover with us, we believe our purpose is to create impressions that will stay with you for a lifetime. It comes from our belief that life is richer when we truly connect to the people and the world around us.
Many years ago, Four Seasons set out to create a corporate mission statement that would guide the actions of everyone in the organization. Our goals, beliefs, and principles are the foundation of the work we do every day on behalf of our guests. We have chosen to specialize in the hospitality industry by offering only experiences of exceptional quality.
Our objective is to be recognized as the company that manages the finest hotels, resorts, and residence clubs wherever we locate. We create properties of enduring value using superior design and finishes and support them with a deeply instilled ethic of personal service. Doing so allows Four Seasons to satisfy the needs and tastes of our discerning customers, and maintain our position as the world’s premier luxury hospitality company.
Our greatest asset, and the key to our success, is our people. We believe that each of us needs a sense of dignity, pride, and satisfaction in what we do. Because satisfying our guests depends on the united efforts of many, we are most effective when we work together cooperatively, respecting each other’s contribution and importance.
The Commis I prepares breakfast, lunch, and dinner food items per guest orders in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe, sanitary work environment.
High school education, cooking school or culinary institute education, or equivalent experience
Minimum two years of culinary or related work experience
- Has a working knowledge of Four Seasons cultural and core standards, policies, and standard operating procedures
- Has strong leadership and interpersonal skills, is able to prioritize and adapt to the changing needs of the operation
- Has proven ability to manage multiple priorities with lean resources while delivering high-quality results
- Requires the Basic computer skills for online training and managing your own employee profiles
- Is proactive, hands-on, and able to operate autonomously
- Has a positive attitude with a generous and uplifting team approach
- Has the ability to anticipate and prioritize the needs of the guest proactively
- Is energetic and has a professional approach to his/her craft
- Is flexible with his/her schedule with the ability to work all shifts, weekends, and holiday
Has the ability to operate, maintain, and properly clean knives and kitchen equipment
- Prepares food items according to guest orders of consistent quality following recipe cards, as well as production, portion, and presentation standards; completes mise en place and set-up station for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner service
- Starts food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare beyond estimated needs
- Operates, maintains, and properly cleans kitchen equipment, including deep fryer, broiler, stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven, steam table, tilt kettle, waffle iron, and flat top grill
- Dates all food containers and rotates as per policies, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures; checks pars for shift use, determines necessary preparation, freezer pull, and line set up; notes any out-of-stock items or possible shortages; returns all food items not used to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables; assists in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems; controls food waste, loss, and usage per policies
- Maintains in order store rooms, fridges, and walking fridges
- Complies with HACCP procedures and ensures the highest level of hygiene and sanitation is in all banquet food preparation
- Informs the Demi Chef de Partie of any damaged equipment within the kitchen
- Attends and contributes to all staff meetings Departmental and Hotel Training as scheduled and other related activities
- Communicates with employees and managers to ensure operational needs are met
- Remains calm and alert, especially during emergency situations, and heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for the staff and other employees
- Supports the entire Food and Beverage operation, including working in other areas if necessary
- Communicates with guests and employees using a positive and clear speaking voice
- Listens to understand requests, responds with appropriate actions, and provides accurate information
- Complies with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact
- Works harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors
Must already possess valid work authorization in South Korea.