|Hiring Organization||Holding Redlich – Melbourne|
|Post Name||JUNIOR LEASING PARALEGAL|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 35 To AUD 39 Per Hour|
|Location||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3000|
At Holding Redlich, we’re much more than great law.
- A great place to work, with an open, caring and supportive culture, where valued relationships are at the core of who we are
- Delivering high-quality work for a wide range of clients
- Committed to creating inclusive teams where the diverse perspectives of our people can be shared and celebrated
- Serious about fostering genuine flexibility across our business to support individual, team, and client needs
- Invested in our people; both in the support we provide them as part of our firm, and in their learning, development, and growth
- A workplace that values coming together to connect, and reflect on and celebrate our achievements
- Dedicated to giving back to, and making a difference in, the communities in which we live and work
About the Team
We boast one of the leading national property practices in Australia and within the practice have a busy national leasing practice. With a client list that includes a number of Australia’s largest and most high-profile retail landlords, the opportunity arises at a time when our team both in Victoria and nationally is recognized as one of the pre-eminent leasing practices in the country.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a motivated junior leasing paralegal or law student with an interest in leasing to join our busy Melbourne team led by industry-leading partners. Within the team, you will work alongside a number of other paralegals and lawyers to learn how to run leasing matters for landlord clients from instruction through to completion.
Within the role, you can expect to develop the capacity to:
- Draft lease documents, disclosure statements, special conditions, and associated transaction documents for retail shopping centers and commercial office buildings;
- Negotiate amendments with tenants;
- Provide advice to your clients about issues that arise;
- Attend to stamping and registration of documents;
- Update client databases;
- Have day-to-day management of matters;
- Attend to general administration duties;
- Participate in the life of the team and the firm as a whole;
- Ensure that what you do for your clients is valuable, meaningful, and excellent.
Whilst the majority of your work will fall within the retail space there will be the opportunity to also work on commercial leases.
You will have some experience within a retail, leasing, or property environment or be currently undertaking a law degree or conveyancing qualification. You will have excellent communication with the capacity to influence and high-level writing/ drafting skills.
You will be client driven self-motivated with a genuine desire to develop your knowledge and skillset in large-scale leasing matters. You will also have strong attention to detail, and enthusiasm for your work.
And thrive in a team environment that delivers exceptional service. Critical to your success in this role will be your ability to manage tight deadlines within a fast-paced environment. Candidates must be available to work at least 2-3 days per week.
More About Who We Are
Holding Redlich is a large national commercial law firm with offices across Australia. We are comprised of more than 500 employees and partners, and we provide the full range of legal services to many of Australia’s largest public and private companies, and across all levels of government.
Great law is our starting point, and we look after our clients with the best legal thinking, expert industry knowledge, and strong local and international connections. We strive for excellence in everything we do and we take pride in the quality of our work.
We understand that our success is due to our people, and we value the diverse personalities, talents, and backgrounds they bring. We think it speaks volumes that many of our people have enjoyed developing and progressing their careers with us over a number of years.
We are at an exciting point in our growth trajectory and have experienced significant growth in our key practice areas in recent times. This enables us to continue to offer genuine career development and support with the opportunity for stimulation.
Challenging, and meaningful legal and non-legal work. And we are a law firm with heart, boasting a proud record of commitment to pro bono work and regularly contributing to charities nationwide via our Social Justice Fund.