|Post Title||Lab Jobs Perth|
|Post Name||Laboratory Assistant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 60000 To AUD 70000 Per Year|
|Location||Perth, Western Australia, Australia 6105|
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing, and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 96,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The successful candidate will be responsible for but not limited to:
- All assigned duties of weighing, digestion, and preparation of samples for analysis.
- For washing up and housekeeping in the laboratory areas.
- Assist with the supply of sampling kits/equipment to customer sites.
- To ensure sample traceability internally and externally.
- Assist with customers’ queries and provide support to the Operations Manager.
- Understanding the processes in the preparation of samples for analysis.
- Certificate III in laboratory skills, preferred but not essential.
- Previous experience working within a laboratory environment.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- Effective communication.
- WA C class driver’s license.
SGS is committed to providing and maintaining a working environment that is safe and without risk to the health of its workers and clients. SGS may require its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on mandated state government/client requirements or in line with SGS policy.
Vaccination requirements may differ from role to role based on their risk category and duties performed. Where relevant, proof of immunization status will be required.
WHY WORK FOR SGS?
Working at SGS means joining an innovative, global Company. Let’s break down what that means for you.
- As a Company, we have embraced the shift to flexible work. We encourage our employees, wherever operationally possible, to work in arrangements that support a work-life balance.
- We’re a Company that believes our impact on society is important, so Sustainability is embedded in our culture and the way we do business.
- Paid Parental leave scheme for 8 weeks for eligible employees.
- We are driven to ensure we have a positive impact on our local communities through paid employee volunteering days and regularly encouraging time off to donate blood.
- Health & Wellbeing is important to us, which is why we offer annual health club membership rebates and discounted private health insurance, as well as a supportive Employee Assistance Program.
- Ongoing learning & development is vital to the success of any Company. We believe in investing in our employees, so we offer education assistance programs and encourage the use of our online learning platform.
- Career Development Opportunities (nationally and Globally)