|Hiring Organization||DP World Australia Office|
|Post Name||Labour Superintendent|
|Qualification||10th Pass, 12th Pass|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 28 To AUD 31 Per Hour|
|Location||Perth, Western Australia, Australia 6159|
DP World Fremantle is located in the principal port of Western Australia, at the mouth of the Swan River. A key link in the Western Australian economy, DP World Fremantle provides access to the growing cities and mining communities of Western Australia.
The Fremantle Terminal is a dynamic 7-day, a 24-hour operation that offers variety and represents an outstanding opportunity to grow as a professional in Australia’s Logistics and Supply Chain Industry.
About the role
Reporting to the Terminal Operations Manager, this role is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate labour rostering requirements through utilising a customised labour management system to achieve required business outcomes, through efficient and effective use of resources and skills.
The labour superintendent also conducts performance meetings to ensure compliance with EA and to maintain the consistent supply of labour and skills. This is a full-time role, based on a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday, with a requirement to review allocations of labour for the following week on Sundays from off-site.
Your main duties will include:
- Ensure timely processing of day-to-day labour allocation matters by maintaining regular consultation and communication with appropriate stakeholders including the Operations team and the Central Allocations Team.
- Manage and monitor the workforce composition to achieve optimal staffing requirements.
- Ensure that site-specific EA requirements are met, including management of absences and disciplinary matters with support from the Human Resources Manager
- Advise the Operations team on how to efficiently deploy staff within operational and budgetary constraints and how any future plans may have an impact on workforce requirements.
- Work closely with the Training Coordinator to ensure training requirements are planned and met.
- Review and approve fortnightly payroll, factoring in EA requirements.
- Ensure that all EA requirements for business units are adhered to in the allocation process.
- Provide reports to support the decision-making process for operational labour utilisation, staffing and skill levels as well as providing ad-hoc reports as requested.
Experience, skills and qualifications
This role plays a critical part in the success of the terminal’s operations and delivery to its customers. To be successful, you will need the following:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in workforce planning including leave planning
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel (essential)
- Able to prepare, and collate data for concise and clear reports
- Exposure to People Management / Case Management
- Exposure to Payroll
- Ability to interpret Enterprise Agreements and relevant Awards
- Effective customer service, oral and written communication skills as well as planning and organising skills with strong attention to detail
- The ability to multitask and prioritise within a strict deadline
- Proven ability to analyse and solve operational labour issues
- Experience in administering the rostering system
- Experience with SN4, Microstar, BI or similar rostering and data analysis systems (desirable)
It is essential that the successful applicant has the ability to gain a Maritime Security Clearance
Remuneration and benefits
At DP World, we value and respect the different perspectives and experiences our people bring to work each day. We aim to increase the diversity of our workforce by encouraging applications from females, Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders – leading to a range of different thinking, perspectives and ideas that create the innovation we need to drive better business results.