|Hiring Organization||Alliance Healthcare|
|Post Name||LGV Class 2 Driver|
|Qualification||10th Pass,12th Pass|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 32158 Per Year|
|Location||Leeds, England, United Kingdom LS11 0LR|
About The Role
Our service centres play a pivotal role in the success of our business and are responsible for ensuring that we deliver potentially lifesaving medicines to an extensive network of local customers. For that, it is essential that their deliveries are accurate, and any shortages or errors are reported promptly, ensuring all paperwork is maintained correctly.
As a driver, you will ensure the timely, efficient, and accurate delivery of our pharmaceutical and store-to-shelf products to all our valued customers. By being a delivery driver, you will be the daily point of contact with our customers. Delivering health and hope on a day-to-day basis.
To be an Alliance Healthcare delivery driver you should have a full UK driving license and will be expected to maintain a safe and competent standard of driving at all times. You will have previous experience as a Class 2 Driver or similar.
You will be a motivated, flexible and supporting individual with excellent communication skills and a positive attitude towards customer care.
We can offer a good quality working environment for our team as well as varied benefits targeted to your wellbeing both within and outside work:
- Employee assistance programme with legal and financial advisors as well as mental health counselling.
- Perks at Work with discounts in various retailers such as Currys PC World, Samsung, John Lewis and more.
- Access to Mental Health First Aiders.
- Contributory Pension Scheme after 3-month service.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Service Based Holidays.
- Uniform provided.
- Career Development and internal progression opportunities.
About The Company
- Alliance Healthcare is a leading distributor and wholesaler of pharmaceutical, medical and healthcare products and is part of the backbone of the NHS.
- Our service centres play a pivotal role in the success of our business and are responsible for ensuring that we deliver potentially life-saving medicines to an extensive network of local customers on a twice-daily basis.
- Everything we do will impact the end user, the patient. It is our responsibility to offer reliable service that ensures that our customers receive the product needed, where and when they need it.