|Hiring Organization||Family Guidance Center Inc|
|Post Name||License Practical Nurse|
|Qualification||Two years of post-degree experience in a hospital or agency setting preferred|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 30 To USD 34 Per Hour|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60624|
Family Guidance Centers, Inc. (FGC), a not-for-profit behavioral healthcare organization that treats and prevents substance abuse, as well as an array of other related problems, is currently seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse with experience. Family Guidance Centers Inc. offers opportunities for individuals with an interest in behavioral health
- Processes patients from assessment to discharge in both medication-assisted treatment and drug-free treatment programming.
- Processes medical alerts using SAMMS software; documents all services performed in their appropriate service categories.
- Dispenses all medication under procedures set forth by FGC, SUPR, CSAT, and the DEA.
- Monitors the appropriateness of methadone and medication dosages.
- Monitors the physical & mental health well-being of patients and documents findings.
- Confers with the program physician on specific findings.
- Confers with a counselor on cases as needed and completes caseload assignments.
- Completes initial nursing assessment documentation.
- Follows up on TB screening process.
- Follows up on medical referrals.
- Updates patient prescription records.
- Understands methadone accounting reports of dispensing and understands safekeeping procedures for methadone/other medications.
- Completes nursing notes and accurately processes physician orders.
- Participates in Utilization Review and Performance Improvement activities.
- Must be available to travel if needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Education and/or Experience: Two years of post-degree experience in a hospital or agency setting preferred. General basic nursing and medical terminology knowledge.
- Must have knowledge of substance abuse pathology. Must have knowledge of all state and federal rules and regulations.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: L.P.N. registered in the State of Illinois and certified in CPR required
Our organization provides a comprehensive benefits package for full-time employment that includes health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, and a 401k pension plan. Vacation, sick and personal days with paid holidays off are included in our PTO compensation package.