|Hiring Organization||Western Power|
|Qualification||Certificate III in ESI – Power System Distribution / Transmission Overhead (or equivalent)|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 5000 To AUD 5200 Per Month|
|Location||Perth, Western Australia, Australia 6000|
About this role
As the Lineworker, you will be required to construct and maintain in a team environment the transmission and/or distribution electricity network to maintain the integrity of the network in a safe, reliable and affordable manner to ensure an uninterrupted supply to customers and within all applicable guidelines and regulations.
At the Q2 level, the application of multiple post-trade qualifications will be required in line with core competencies, values, and behaviors outlined in this position description and framework.
Be responsible for safety in the work environment and ensure safe work practices are followed and a safe work environment is maintained.
Understand and operate within Western Powers Occupational Safety Health and Environment systems and reporting including identifying hazards, taking corrective action, and reporting all incidents.
All legislative requirements to be met. Comply with Western Power’s work practice manual
Rectifying faults (unplanned)
Ensure prompt attendance to faults and isolate the network for repairs so as to maintain the integrity of the network and minimize customer impact.
Comply with Western Power’s WRAP, SWMS, and permit procedures. On-site management of customers, traffic, and public
Conducting planned construction and maintenance
Execute programmed construction and maintenance work to ensure safe, reliable, and affordable operation of the network.
Comply with Western Power’s WRAP, SWMS, and permit procedures. Maintain effective relationships with customers and public
Constructing to standards
Construct network infrastructure according to design specifications and construction standards. Deal with day-to-day technical issues that can arise, on-site, relating to design and construction issues
Take personal accountability for work performance and be open to others’ contributions. Work collaboratively within the team and across Western Power to effectively deliver objectives. Maintain open communication with team members and stakeholders
Demonstrate personal behaviors in line with business values, codes, standards, and expectations
Assist with building team capability and providing and sharing technical knowledge and experience to others within the team of lesser experience
We are seeking someone with experience and attributes that include:
- Certificate III in ESI – Power System Distribution / Transmission Overhead (or equivalent)
- Valid WA ‘C’ Class Drivers Licence (subject to business requirements)
- Demonstrated industry experience in the construction and maintenance of transmission and/or distribution electricity network
Joining Western Power
Our people play a vital role in creating an innovative, safe, and supportive workplace, living our values, and delivering exceptional service to the communities in which we operate.
We are committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, women, young & mature age workers, and the LGBTQI+ community.
We are an employer of choice, offering our employees a range of benefits that include:
- Competitive salary plus 11% superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements that support part-time work, flexible working hours, and working from home arrangements
- Professional Development opportunities including training initiatives and study assistance
- An award-winning employee recognition and benefits program
- Access to six Employee Network Groups – First Nations, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse, Diverse Sexualities and Genders, Women, People with Disability,
- and Youth/Age – which celebrates and communicate the diversity of our workforce and connects diversity and inclusion to our broader business activities
- The opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per year
- Access to salary packaging, social club activities, and discounted health insurance and gym membership
We are committed to our Disability Access and Inclusion Plan and ensuring that people with disability have equal opportunities to gain and maintain employment with Western Power.
It is strongly encouraged that people with a disability who meet the inherent requirements of the position description apply for this role.
We are also proud to be launching our Innovate RAP (Reconciliation Action Plan). Our Innovate RAP outlines our commitment to the Reconciliation journey in WA.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.