Paralegal Jobs New York City
|Hiring Organization||New York Life Insurance Company|
|Post Name||Litigation Paralegal|
|Qualification||BA or BS|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 5000 To USD 5500 Per Month|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10010|
When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values career development, collaboration, innovation, and inclusiveness. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing.
You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career while developing personally and professionally through various resources and programs. New York Life is a relationship-based company and appreciates how both virtual and in-person interactions support our culture.
The Office of the General Counsel is responsible for all legal functions within New York Life, and is seeking a skilled paralegal to support our litigation team. The role will collaborate with attorneys on the litigation team to execute the responsibilities listed below. This is an exciting opportunity to work and develop in a company with a rich history founded upon stewardship, integrity, and financial strength.
- Assist litigation attorneys in all aspects of managing litigation and threats of litigation and providing pre-litigation advice to our businesses
- Coordinate responses to discovery requests and third-party subpoenas, including gathering information from client areas and other sources
- Draft and monitor litigation holds using electronic discovery software
- Update litigation tracking system
- Assist with preparation of legal representation letters to outside auditors
- Assist head of litigation with preparation of periodic litigation reports
- Run various reports from legal billing and matter management software
- BA or BS
- Minimum 2-4 years of prior litigation paralegal experience
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments while delivering consistent, quality work-product in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build relationships
- Hard working, team-oriented, highly organized, with excellent attention to detail
- Strong computer skills including latest versions of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook) and electronic document management (such as iManage)
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by the Foundation.
We’re proud that due to our mutuality, we operate in the best interests of our policy owners. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.”