|Hiring Organization||La Rabida Children’s Hospital|
|Post Name||Manager, Occupational Therapy|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 40 USD 45 Per Hour|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60649|
SUMMARY: The Manager of Occupational Therapy (OT) is responsible for leading the OT Section in the provision of state-of-the-art, pediatric, interdisciplinary, physical therapy services. The Manager of Occupational Therapy actively contributes to the department’s and the hospital’s mission and vision.
The Manager of OT serves as a resource and has responsibility for developing and maintaining relationships with departments and professionals as it relates to these services.
The Manager of OT provides clinical services within their individual scope of clinical competence and is responsible for all administrative tasks related to the patient care services they provide and as required for regulatory and organizational compliance.
- Patient Care (time spent in billable patient care activities) – 30%
- Provides professional occupational therapy services in accordance with the standards established by the professional association and other relevant regulatory requirements.
- Ensures referrals are appropriate, follows up as necessary
- Selects appropriate evaluation tools, administers and interprets findings correctly
- Communicates effectively and in a timely manner with patients, families, doctors, 3rd party payers, other professionals, etc.
- Treatment is safe and effective
- Demonstrates cost effectiveness, using extenders (aides) and materials appropriately
- Effective team leader and family-friendly
- Shows good knowledge of hospital and community resources; develops education materials as needed
- Effective educator
- Adapts to family’s needs and comprehension
Indirect patient care services -10%
- Documentation of patient care at a role-model level in regard to content and timeliness
- Documents all appropriate patient and family interactions in a timely and complete manner in accordance with department, organization, state, and federal regulations
- Communication with all constituents. Leans toward over-communication. Proactive communication. Close all communication loops
- Functions at role model level in regard to Team Leader and Team member
- Advocates for patients as needed goes above and beyond
- Letters of medical need
- Care plans
- Session Preparation
- Follows all 3rd party rules. Knowledgeable about reimbursement
- Follows scheduling processes
- Follows all procedures regarding staffing, documentation, and communication
OT Section Leadership – 50%
- Provides leadership and direction to the OT section, adhering to the hospital’s mission and the interdisciplinary philosophy of the rehab department
- Participates in recruitment, selection, orientation, and evaluation of staff, students, and volunteers they oversee
- Disciplines as needed /follow HR policies
- Ongoing supervision and performance appraisal of OT staff
- Guidance and approval regarding continuing education
- Ensure full compliance with all sections, departments, hospital policies/procedures, and regulatory agencies
- Establish, administer and track staff competencies
- Transitions all new and junior staff to independent, safe, and effective practice
- Prepare and stay within OT Budget, monitor spending and supplies, and keep costs constrained/purchase wisely
- Promotes good utilization of space as well as housekeeping and good coworker citizen behavior
- Daily troubleshooting
- Ensure the section is adequately staffed at all times
- Ensure the highest quality of services
- Program development and evaluation include:
- Ongoing evaluation and refinement of existing programs
- Identify opportunities for new programs, populations, etc.
- Active participant in rounds, meetings
- Identifies problems and sees opportunities for growth and enhanced team effort
- Participates in the development of quality indicators for OT, in data collection and analysis, and in determining changes that will improve the quality and efficiency of OT
- Ensure the satisfaction of internal and external customers
- Demonstrates ability to work with other departments
- Leads by example and acts as a role model
Department Leadership – 10%
- Active participant in department leadership meetings
- Works to implement interdisciplinary philosophy and practice
- Takes on administrative assignments for the department
- Shares responsibility with the department leaders for running of the department/covering for each other
- Assist with organizing and hosting continuing education offerings
- Special Projects as assigned
- Completes all assigned projects within allocated time frames
- Professional Meetings, Outreach, represents La Rabida Children’s Hospital
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master’s or doctoral degree in OT
Related Work Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years of clinical experience as a pediatric OT is required.
- Supervisory or administrative experience is preferred.
- Current Illinois License OTR and Registered required; active member of AOTA, IOTA preferred
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Communicates effectively including the moment crucial conversations as they arise; reflects the values of La Rabida in all interactions; demonstrates accountability, problem-solving, and leadership skills; Prefers bilingual skills (Spanish and English).
- Only certifications issued by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross will be accepted.