|Hiring Organization||Fortescue Future Industries|
|Post Name||Marine Project Engineer|
|Qualification||Be degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering (Marine Engineering or related discipline highly advantageous)|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 75000 To AUD 80000 Per Year|
|Location||Perth, Western Australia, Australia 6004|
FFI is leading Fortescue’s decarbonization and growth agendas and developing a portfolio of projects centered on the production of renewable hydrogen, ammonia, minerals, and other value-added products. FFI is underpinned by Fortescue’s world-class expertise, operational excellence, and proven capability to drive future growth.
In support of Fortescue’s strong focus on green energy and our carbon neutrality targets, one of our key initiatives will be in our Green Fleet projects whereby we will develop and test a range of technologies to power our mining fleet
Based at our new Hazelmere R&D facility we are presently looking for an experienced Project Engineer with a track history of delivering new and challenging projects.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Responsible for the execution of the drydock conversion in Singapore of a key project within the FFI Marine Projects division.
- Assist the Lead Project Engineer and Project Manager with the safe delivery of the project on schedule, to budget, and to specification.
- Providing support to the Engineering department with technical support as required and working closely to provide solutions to the project’s technical challenges.
- Responsible for the installation, commissioning, and delivery of the project, liaising with the engineering department and project management team.
- Stakeholder management of internal and external stakeholders which include internal FFI personnel, contractors, consultants, regulators, and maritime flag state authorities.
- Drive schedule improvements to reduce delivery timeframes safely.
- Deliver cost and capital-effective solutions to improve the project’s capital intensity whilst delivering the scope of the project on time and within budget safely.
- Provide effective and strategic reporting and communications of project performance on a regular basis.
- Demonstrated experience within the delivery of marine vessel conversion and/or new build projects safely and on time.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Be degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering (Marine Engineering or related discipline highly advantageous)
- Min 10 years of experience in the maritime industry directly related to vessel operations, drydocks, conversions, and new-build projects.
- Project experience including the delivery of complex and multi-discipline projects
- Experience managing multiple contractor groups.
- Extensive experience working with marine classification societies and flag state authorities.
- Experience with project budgeting and cost control.
- Ability to work based in Singapore as required to meet the project deliverables and timeframe of commissioning.
- Ability to successfully engage internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical schematics and P&IDs.
- High commitment to safety and good knowledge of HAZID, HAZOP & FMECA processes.
- Excellent interpersonal awareness with the ability to lead and motivate teams.
- Proactive and self-motivated, with a drive for excellence
- Results-driven, responsible, trustworthy, and accountable.
- Ability to manage under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- Great problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.