|Hiring Organization||Discount Tire|
|Post Name||Sr Marketing Specialist|
|Qualification||This position requires a bachelor’s Degree.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 4000 To USD 5000 Per Month|
|Location||Phoenix, Arizona, United States 85016|
Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 60 years and now is the best time in our history to join us.
We are opening more locations every year and we are always looking for qualified individuals to join us in our growth. We are a company that promotes from within, both in our retail and corporate operations.
Under minimal supervision, the Sr Marketing Specialist serves as marketing lead to support grassroots initiatives, sports partnerships, external communications, and regional events and appearances
- Serves as the main point of contact between internal teams and external partners, including sports teams contacts and PR agency personnel.
- Gathers market intelligence and leverages data in order to make informed recommendations – in collaboration with the Marketing and Product teams, including but not limited to, consumer/ product demographics, competitor/retailer promotions, products/ brands and processes, and potentially high market growth regions; identifies and researches sponsorship opportunities to expand brand/ product awareness; provides recommendations.
- Tracks identify, and interprets trends, patterns, and gaps in customer perceptions and behaviors related to the company’s & competitor’s brand marketing programs; partners with stakeholders to develop opportunities to improve brand perceptions.
- Collaborates with media team to analyze sports partnership proposals including negotiating terms and coordinating execution details.
- Collaborates with internal and external teams to create messages and content from our partners, sponsors, and vendors that improve brand awareness and engagement in promotional events.
- Coordinates and participates in corporate events (Tahoe, SEMA, etc.), store grand openings, and other promotional events/ appearances, including but not limited to, appearances with drivers, athletes, NASCAR, or show car; coordinates and ensures that venues, materials, swag/ merchandise, tire giveaways and media messaging are in place; collaborates with the manager in the development of event budgets.
- Collaborates to develop sweepstakes/contests with other areas to spur engagement and awareness of our brand.
- Assists with managing relationships with PR agencies, ensuring that they follow our media outreach plan and position our brand as trusted tire safety experts – leveraging promotions, weather, seasonal campaigns, and events and aligning with Discount Tire’s creative messaging
- Provides feedback in the development and management of the annual PR plan with the PR agency by providing guidance around strategy, awareness/messaging goals, budget, and tactics
- Oversees and implements key PR campaigns and events
- Works with region executives, office managers, and store managers for the preparation of news segments and interviews
- As a part of the Crisis Management Team, assesses crisis situations and follows the Crisis Plan, writing and disseminating communications internally and externally
- Writes, edits, and approves press releases
- Leverages public relations to support strategic partnerships and launch of new technology and products
- Uses PR content to support the expansion of Discount Tire into new and emerging regions, using trade media and in-market local media
- Partners with social media team to share approved public relations content to increase reach
- Monitors and edits social content to ensure it fits our brand voice
- Assists in proofreading marketing content, product benefit & feature copy, and advertising campaign copy for traditional and digital channels, such as TV commercial scripts, radio spots, outdoor, product literature, email blasts, online articles, social media posts, press releases, and newsletters
- Solicits ideas, information, and material from corporate and regional stakeholders in order to develop communication materials and strategies for the target audiences
- Responsible for media outreach – identifying key contacts and fostering relationships
- Delivers high-quality work, effectively and efficiently, through formal and informal channels; displays a broad understanding of Company culture, branding standards, and customers
- Administers consistent Omni channel messaging
- Participates in learning opportunities/ activities to gain an understanding of basic brand management concepts, including but not limited to, best practices, methodology/ strategy, research, analysis, and processes.
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends, and strategies.
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of five years of related experience. Knowledge of marketing methodologies is required.
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail.
- Must possess strong organizational skills, including the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects to meet various deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to gather/ research market and competitor information is necessary.
- The ability to identify problems, and review information to develop and evaluate options is essential.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including skills with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes are necessary. Proficiency with Smartsheet or similar project management software is preferred.
- The ability to build and maintain professional relationships with cross-functional teams and vendors is required.
- This position requires excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- The ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure, meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
- Customer service skills including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are essential.
- In addition, organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect, and upholding Company values are key attributes.
This position requires a bachelor’s Degree.