|Hiring Organization||La Rabida Children’s Hospital|
|Post Name||Certified Medical Assistant|
|Qualification||High school diploma or equivalent and must have completed the accredited MA program|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 To USD 17 Per Hour|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60649|
SUMMARY: The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) performs various delegated direct and indirect patient care activities as well as administrative duties to support the Infection Control and Employee Health Services Nurse in the provision of care in the inpatient and outpatient areas.
Duties will be performed within the CMA’s scope of practice. Such duties shall include but are not limited to, New Hire Screens, FIT testing, administering employee vaccines as directed, and Patient/Employee data entry. Delegated duties to the CMA shall not constitute the practice of medicine or invasive procedures.
Employee Health Activities:
- Assist with Annual Fit Testing of Employees
- Assist in annual employee TB screening
- Assists in the annual Flu Shot clinics
- Administers necessary employee vaccines and maintains inventory
- Maintain inventory of supplies and restocks as needed for drug screens, vaccine injections, etc.
- Runs reports as requested (NHSN data etc.)
- Data Entry for employee New Hire Screenings
- Maintains alerts to Managers, employees, and volunteers for mandatory health updates (TST)
- Assist in Employee Wellness Activities
Infection Control Activities:
- Assist in doing hand washing observations in the Inpatient and Outpatient areas
- Assist in doing Ecolab observations (high touch surface areas) in the Inpatient and Outpatient areas
- Assist in doing personal protective equipment observations on the Inpatient and Outpatient areas
- Data entry as delegated by the supervising nurse (information for reports, meeting minutes & studies)
- Assist in Infection Control Activities, i.e. Infection Prevention Week, etc.
Clerical/ reception Activities:
- Greeting new personnel/ Volunteers at the Lobby
- Calling and e-mailing employee requests for information
- Maintains Clerical Supplies
- Orders forms and supplies as needed
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent and must have completed the accredited MA program
- Related Work Experience: Prior MA or clerical experience, work in a hospital setting preferred
- Licensure/Certification: Certified or Registered Medical Assistant Required
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills: Demonstrated computer/word processing skills,
Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills, Competence in or ability to learn medical terminology CPR required. Only certifications issued by the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross will be accepted.