|Hiring Organization||Steward Health Care System|
|Post Name||Medical Assistant|
|Qualification||Graduate of Medical Assistant training program|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 22 To USD 26 Per Hour|
|Location||San Antonio, Texas, United States 78211|
Steward Medical Group has a great opportunity for Medical Assistant 1 to join our growing team. This outpatient opportunity supports our Family Medicine in San Antonio.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Graduate of Medical Assistant training program
- High School diploma or equivalent
- CPR/FA certification
- One year experience – preferred
About The Role:
The Medical Assistant’s summary of duties included but are not limited to: coordinating processing and care provided to patients examined by the Provider in the office, assisting in maintaining and documenting the patient charts with current information on patient’s condition, care provided, and follow-up prescribed by the physician/provider.
Participating in performing or arranging for any lab or other diagnostic/clinical tests or treatments provided during the examination, or needed, and assisting or as directed, schedules and coordinates hospital admissions or procedures, specialty and procedural referrals, and in-office procedure activities.
- Place patients in exam rooms after registration, ensuring that the chart reflects current complaint/condition, medical history, and any test results appropriate to follow-up visits. Take appropriate vital signs and document them in the chart.
- Set up room and/or equipment and assist with or perform as directed any special procedure, etc., including EKG procedures/tests.
- Coordinate patient’s office visits discharge and if needed assists in arranging for diagnostic tests or referral exams.
- Performs and/or assists physicians with tests/procedures available in the office per their orders and in accordance with established safety and infection control procedures.
- Ensures that blood or tissue samples are sent to the appropriate referral laboratory.
- Assist with contacting pharmacies for new or refill prescriptions per physician approval.
- Obtains authorizations to perform tests, procedures, or referrals to outside providers.
- Cleans sterilizes and packages surgical instruments/packs in the office setting.
- Prepares all charts for the next day’s appointments by reviewing physician notes to determine what must be available for the visit. Including retrieving x-rays, lab results, etc.
- Maintains and rotates appropriate supplies/medications to be stocked in exam rooms. Appropriately discards any out-of-date medications.
- Keeps patient areas and exam rooms clean and prepared on a daily basis. Uses bleach solution or antimicrobial solution for cleaning as appropriate.
- Interacts professionally with patients/families.
- Maintains HIPAA confidentiality at all times.
About Steward Health Care
Steward Health Care is the largest private, for-profit health care network in the United States. The company is owned and led by a management team of Steward physicians.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Steward employs more than 40,000 health care professionals and operates 35 hospitals across the United States and in the countries of Malta and Colombia which regularly receive top awards for quality and safety.
The Steward network includes multiple urgent care centers and skilled nursing facilities, substantial behavioral health services, more than 7,000 beds under management, and approximately 2.2 million full risk covered lives through the company’s managed care and health insurance services.
The Steward Health Care Network includes more than 5,000 physicians across 800 communities who help to provide more than 12 million patient encounters annually. Steward Medical Group, the company’s employed physician group, provides more than six million patient encounters per year.
The Steward Hospital Group operates hospitals in Malta, Colombia, and nine states across the U.S., including Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, and Utah.
Steward Medical Group is taking additional necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment – with confidence and without fear.
Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [three-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence, and convenience.
- Any COVID-19-related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families.
- A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout our facilities.
- A strictly controlled visitor and mask policy is required for patient and colleague safety.
This position is subject to the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy for Steward Health Care Workforce. Employees in this position will be required to provide adequate proof of vaccination for COVID-19 by an FDA-approved vaccine prior to starting work.
Steward will consider requests for exemptions from this vaccine requirement on the basis of medical conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable Federal laws.