MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST
|Hiring Organization||Michael Garron Hospital|
|Post Name||MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST|
|Qualification||Graduate of an approved Medical Laboratory Technology/Science program.|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 68000 To CAD 86000 Per Year|
|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4C 3E7|
Provide quality testing in the Core Lab (Haematology, Chemistry, Immunohaematology) by
observing the highest standards according to established policies, processes and
- Graduate of an approved Medical Laboratory Technology/Science program.
- Current active MLT registration with the CMLTO.
- Current CSMLS membership preferred
- Current Core Lab (Chemistry, Haematology, Immunohaematology) experience in a
clinical setting preferred.
- Current experience with laboratory automation and instrumentation including Advia
2120, CA1500, Roche MPA, Roche Cobas, and Ortho ProVue, preferred.
- Current Laboratory experience with, blood cell morphology, R&M, G&S, and antibody
- Current experience with SOFT LIS, Cerner PowerChart HIS, and Paradigm document
the control program preferred.
- Experience with quality assurance and quality management preferred.
- Ability to communicate and function under pressure with variable workload.
- Good attendance and work record.
- Interpersonal skills are essential.
- Demonstrate interest in continuing personal and professional growth.
- Flexible, with good organizational skills, and sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate clearly, teach, problem solve, and organize.
- Ability to lead, work well in cooperation with co-workers, and interprofessional
- All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health
Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)] agrees to work within
the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
- All employees of MGH are responsible to contribute to a transparent culture of patient
and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by patient and staff safety policies and
procedures set by MGH.
- All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of
themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH’s policies and practices.