|Hiring Organization||McNay Art Museum|
|Post Title||Museum Jobs San Antonio|
|Post Name||Gallery Services Officer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 13 To USD 14 Per Hour|
|Location||San Antonio, Texas, United States 78209|
Working under direct or immediate supervision, monitors established rules in the galleries and provides customer service to museum visitors. Work will be assigned and directed by the Shift Coordinator.
Essential Job Functions:
- Observes assigned galleries to protect works of art from theft, vandalism, or inadvertent damage. Responsible for gallery opening and closing duties, making sure that visitors maintain the proper distance from objects, and assuring smooth traffic flow throughout the galleries. Performs regular art count and verifies art movement within the galleries. Reports any security issues or damage to an object to a security officer.
- As necessary, provides information to visitors. Informs visitors of museum rules and policies for their safety and the safety of the works of art. Directs visitors to exhibitions, exits, restrooms, and telephones.
- Checks for water leaks and problems with access points (doors or windows). Reports security, safety, or environmental hazards to a security officer.
- Participates in training sessions in safety, first aid, CPR, fire, and disaster procedures.
- May assist in medical emergencies involving visitors or staff. Summons medical assistance whenever necessary. Completes appropriate reports.
- Will be assigned to any shift; may have to work weekends on a regular basis; any day, any time, any post.
- The requirement to serve any day, any time, any post, including events
- Able to obtain Level II, Texas Security License and pass CPR Training
Must have a high level of integrity; must be tactful and courteous in dealing with visitors, staff, vendors, consultants, and others; must have good verbal skills, particularly for communicating with visitors and communicating on the radio; must maintain a professional appearance; must be alert and have good concentration skills; must maintain an excellent record of attendance and promptness; must be able to work hours as required; must have reliable transportation.
Excellent written communication skills are desirable. Must be in good general health. Duties require standing for long periods of time, in all types of weather. Will have good eyesight (adjusted) and hearing (adjusted). Clear verbal articulation is required for radio communication.