|Hiring Organization||Acero Schools|
|Post Name||Music Teacher|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 55199 Per Year|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60606|
WE ARE ACERO
Acero Schools teachers realize that success is built on relationships – with students, families, and colleagues. Our teachers focus their work on student learning and wholeheartedly believe that all students can learn and demonstrate that with innovation and sharing best practices.
As a teacher with Acero Schools, an individual is responsible for the academic growth of their students and is relentless and resilient in their pursuit. Our teachers lead the curriculum.
Instruction, and assessment for students to whom they are assigned. They use proven educational models for social-emotional learning, personalized learning, and data-driven differentiated instruction in a culturally-sensitive manner.
JOIN OUR TEAM
- A team of driven individuals who contribute to, respect, and serve our communities.
- A team of professional collaborators leading students and supporting their educational paths.
- A team who embodies the values of achievement, community, excellence, resilience, and optimism.
- Ensure high academic standards, set goals, and do what it takes to achieve them.
- Differentiate curriculum, instruction, and individualized learning plans to meet individual student needs.
- Develop positive relationships with students.
- Develop positive relationships with families for the purpose of creating support for students and their growth.
- Manage classroom behavior in a respectful manner that is consistent with the schoolwide rules and Acero Schools Student Code of Conduct.
- Collaborate with instructional leaders to develop and execute a Professional Growth Plan for your development.
- Clearly and accurately communicate with administration, colleagues, students, parents, and the larger academic community to improve academic outcomes for all students.
- Exhibit professionalism, leadership, and personal responsibility for daily work and attendance, personal appearance, student learning, and school success.
- Demonstrate collegial behavior and make positive contributions to the school community.
- Believe in our ability to create the future we envision.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (required)
- Be able to demonstrate the academic progress of students under your leadership and articulate the methods used to achieve those results
- Possess valid Illinois Professional Educator License (PEL) or equivalent (required)
- Possess valid Illinois K-8 Music endorsement or equivalent (required)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States (required)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The nature of the work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set up and maintain work files, and an ability to communicate and exchange information.
Physical demands include the ability to stand, bend, reach high and low, stoop, and walk around the classroom 60% of the day. In addition, candidates must be able to lift and/or push and pull 15 to 20 lbs. for short periods of time, and walk up and down stairs several times a day.
The majority of work is performed in a general school environment. The position requires availability for extended hours plus non-traditional hours required to perform job duties. Also requires participation and attendance at organization-sponsored events and meetings.
NOTE: The foregoing list of essential duties and responsibilities is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class.
The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position. Acero Schools is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals. Acero Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.