|Hiring Organization||AltaMed Medical Group — Westlake, 3rd Street|
|Post Name||Nurse Practitioner|
|Qualification||Graduation from an accredited Baccalaureate school of nursing.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 25 To USD 28 Per Hour|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90057|
Under the supervision of the Associate Medical Director & Clinic Administrator, provide medical services to clients, ensuring appropriate and professional medical services.
- Performs patient physicals.
- Provides medical services to clients.
- Provides patient counseling services.
- Performs and documents health appraisals on clinic patients, including history, physical assessment, and developmental evaluation as indicated, also orders laboratory work and/or x-rays as indicated for patient assessment, and identifies findings that require consultation and referral.
- Initiates preventative health counseling and health promotion measures, including immunizations.
- Manages common acute problems in accordance with standardized procedures, and collaborates with physicians in the management of more complex or chronic problems.
- Assesses problems/needs when patients telephone between clinic visits, arranges for appropriate follow-up on referral, consults with a physician when indicated, and re-orders patients’ medication according to physician orders.
- Reviews clinic patients’ laboratory work and notifies clinic nurses of abnormal findings or consults directly with Physicians.
- Acts as liaison with outside agencies, physicians, and schools, and refers patients to outside resources as indicated.
- Active participation in the Quality Management Program, Utilization Review, Peer Review, AltaMed Medical Provider activities, and AltaMed’s On-call schedule.
- Performs other tasks as required for patient care and efficient functioning of the department.
- Graduation from an accredited Baccalaureate school of nursing.
- Completed training in the diagnosis and management of common as well as some complex medical conditions.
- Current licensure in the State of California.
- Certification as an Adult/Family/Pediatric/Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner.
- Previous experience with computer-based systems required; Electronic Medical records experience preferred.