|Hiring Organization||Harris Health Outpatient Center|
|Post Title||Paramedic Jobs Houston|
|Post Name||Critical Care Transport Paramedic – Emergency Center LBJ Hospital|
|Qualification||High School Diploma or equivalent. Completion of Texas Department of State Health Services (TX DSHS) approved EMS training.|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||USD 28 To USD Per 39 Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77026|
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas.
Staffed by the faculty, fellows, and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth).
Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its three hospitals: Ben Taub, LBJ, and Quentin Mease.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, listed by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its three hospitals — Ben Taub, Lyndon B. Johnson, and Quentin Mease — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Skills / Requirements
The Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (EMT-P) supports nursing and medical staff in the delivery of patient care services and coordinates patient workflow within the Emergency Center.
The EMT-P is an individual who is certified by the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) as minimally proficient to provide advanced life support which includes initiation and maintenance of certain procedures under a physician’s supervision.
The EMT-P facilitates unit activities and business processes according to guidelines, practices safety measures, and infection control standards. EMT-P also participates in performance improvement and quality initiatives.
School Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Completion of Texas Department of State Health Services (TX DSHS) approved EMS training.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Adv. Cardiac Life Support -Through American Heart Association(AHA)
- Basic Life Support – Through American Heart Association(AHA)
- Emergency Med Tech – Paramedic; Currently registered with the TX DSHS as a certified
- Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic or Licensed Paramedic
- License – Certified Critical Transport within two years if not held at the time of appointment
- Pediatric Adv. Life Support – Through American Heart Association(AHA)
Texas Drivers License
- Work Experience: One (1) Year of Work Experience as a certified/licensed paramedic Preferred
- Above Average Verbal Communication (Heavy Public Contact)
- Exceptional Verbal (Public Speaking)
- Proficiencies: Personal Computer
- Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Analytical Abilities, Medical Terminology Knowledge
- Work Schedule: Flexible
- Other Requirements: Able to work according to specific, subject to extreme weather conditions.