|Hiring Organization||University of Phoenix|
|Post Name||Product Manager|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree and four (4) years of experience working on customer/student-facing products as either a UOPX product or service subject matter expert; manager, or director; product manager; product designer; engineer; data analyst; data scientist, or user researcher;|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 89100 To USD 134500 Per Year|
|Location||Phoenix, Arizona, United States 85040|
Description and Requirements
Are you searching for a rewarding, fulfilling position that offers challenging work and the ability to make a big impact while working side-by-side with a team of fun, innovative people? Ideally, would you like this position to be with an organization that makes a positive contribution to the world? If so…we would love to hear from you!
The University of Phoenix is a leading higher education institution by Dr. John Sperling. Our mission is to improve the lives of our students, their families, and future generations through higher education. Our values (which, hopefully, you share) are Brave. Honest. Focused.
Our University values and embraces all team members and their unique perspectives. We fundamentally believe in fostering an environment that deeply respects, celebrates, and actively encourages a diverse workforce. We are committed to hiring –and learning from –those who share our passion to help others achieve their educational aspirations.
We offer excellent benefits, an effective recognition program, and outstanding learning and development tools, including tuition vouchers for employees and their qualified family members.
About the Position
A Product Manager collaborates with team members and engages with business leaders to drive products and features from concept to launch in a fast-paced environment focused on continuous, relentless improvement (CRI).
An individual works as part of a collaborative cross-functional team to create, prioritize, monitor, and deliver product features and capabilities to continually enhance customer value.
A Product Manager conducts discovery sessions to make recommendations regarding product features and operational priorities, escalates issues as required to facilitate resolution, and executes plans to deliver product features.
An individual collaborates with like-minded and curious business subject matter experts, technology teams, and leadership across multiple functions to execute the product strategy and product roadmap and ensure successful outcomes for our students and business.
What You’ll Do
- Manage products throughout the life cycle, from strategic planning to tactical execution and end-of-life; work closely with the product team to define and deliver a product vision and strategy. Conveys vision to university leaders, stakeholders, product leaders, engineers, and designers.
- Collaborate with customers (prospects, students, alumni, and faculty) and business leaders to identify the most critical problems to solve and work with a product team to discover viable, valuable, usable, and feasible solutions; influence teammates, colleagues, stakeholders, and key executives on proposed product solutions.
- Contribute a deep knowledge of our customers and users to the product team by developing leading and lagging indicators by identifying and refining the key data points about how our customers engage with our products.
- Identify key outcomes that assist the product team to narrow focus on the most important way to “move the needle” for our customers and business.
- Track industry trends and the competitive landscape as they pertain to the product.
- Understanding the business constraints (enrollment, marketing, service, technology, finance, and legal), develop a custom product in a way that ensures buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Directly or indirectly leads a team of product-focused employees to effectively deliver on product objectives and key results on time and within budget. Drive collaboration with the product team by facilitating discovery activities, aligning team members on project outcomes, bringing clarity where there is ambiguity, and keeping everyone aligned throughout delivery.
- Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
The primary accountabilities above are intended to describe the general content and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Incumbents may perform all or most of the primary accountabilities listed above.
Specific goals or responsibilities will be documented in the incumbents’ performance objectives as outlined by the incumbent’s immediate supervisor or manager.
Job Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Direct or indirect supervisory responsibility for a small, product-focused team
What You Bring to the Table
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree and four (4) years of experience working on customer/student-facing products as either a UOPX product or service subject matter expert; manager, or director; product manager; product designer; engineer; data analyst; data scientist, or user researcher; OR
- Eight (8) years of experience that includes at least 5 years of experience working on technology-powered products as either a UOPX product subject matter expert, or in another organization as a product manager, product designer, engineer, data analyst, data scientist, or user researcher
- Demonstrated understanding of the techniques and methods of modern product discovery and product delivery
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, academics, enrollment, operations, or marketing
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgment to assess risks, and lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship
- Strong problem structuring and solving skills, reasoning, and implications development, combined with strong business acumen
- Strong communication and influencing skills, both verbal and written
As an Equal Opportunity employer, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
If you are an active-duty military member seeking employment when off-duty, compliance with Department of Defense Joint Ethics Regulation, 5500-7-R, is required prior to starting employment with the University of Phoenix. You are advised to contact your base Judge Advocate General to seek such approval and answer any questions.
Actual starting base pay may vary based on factors such as education, experience, skills, and location.
Your work is critical to helping adult learners achieve their dreams, and we’re committed to rewarding you for your efforts. We offer a competitive, comprehensive total rewards package designed to help you achieve your health, financial, educational, and work-life balance goals.
Full-time employees are eligible for:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans; Flexible Spending Accounts; Health Savings Accounts; Life and Disability insurance; and our Wellness incentive program;
- Competitive 401(k) employer match;
- Substantial tuition discount for you and eligible dependents; and,
- A generous time off package, including paid vacation, sick time, and company holidays.