|Hiring Organization||Flatiron Construction|
|Post Name||Project Engineer|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering/Management, or related (or foreign equivalent)|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 5000 To USD 6000 Per Month|
|Location||Phoenix, Arizona, United States 85034|
Great opportunity to join an industry-leading organization that is at the forefront of developing innovative solutions to build critical infrastructure projects.
What you will be doing
- Performs tasks related to collecting cost data required to monitor project budgets and estimates. Requires the selection and application of resource monitoring and control principles, techniques, and technical knowledge of construction projects.
- Meets with engineering and field crews to review the production schedule and confirm all materials, equipment, and resources are readily available for production to continue on schedule and within budget.
- Reviews all shop drawings, design specifications, material requirements, and project data throughout the duration of the project to ensure quality and contract specification compliance.
- Provides technical input for project work plan and schedule. It is identifying risk elements of production, materials, equipment, or process that could negatively impact the budget or schedule.
- Evaluates daily production, schedule, and budget projections to accurately track project performance. Documents daily activities in Company approved methods and technologies.
- Updates project schedule weekly for owner and management reporting. Attends weekly owner meetings; presents on project production status as needed.
- Prepares and manages a three-week work plan. Notifies engineering and project management of any significant schedule changes and develops solutions to mitigate delays and costs.
- Initiates and manages all Requests for Information (RFIs), as needed by the project.
- Remits accurate project quantities using assigned project cost coding to report project financials accurately. Manages invoicing with the Company accounting team regarding materials, equipment, and subcontractor needs.
- Supports engineering team with quality assurance as needed. Reviews certificates and permits needed to perform work. Participates in all worksite tours with leadership or external parties.
- Reviews required Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs) to ensure a safe and compliant work environment for all construction personnel. Participates in all weekly safety meetings with the field team and project leadership; presents field analysis as needed.
- Assists the estimating team with project schedule, budget, and cost parameters by providing technical input as needed.
- Assists the development of design drawings and provides technical input, as needed.
- Coordinates subcontractor work methods, schedule, and crews as needed.
- Reconciles job close-out checklist with owner representative and field crews at the end of the project
- Maintains knowledge of the Company’s values and strategic plan.
- Support published corporate policies.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering/Management, or related (or foreign equivalent)
- 3 years of experience in construction engineering
Why work for us
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry-leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vision, and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.