|Post Name||Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 50 To USD 55 Per Hour|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION OUR MISSION
Endeavors passionately serve vulnerable people in crisis through our innovative, personalized approach. We seek to provide comprehensive, effective, and innovative services that encourage growth.
Allowing people to build better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities. Why? Because we believe that everyone holds the capacity to grow, heal, change, succeed, and affect others positively.
We restore dignity and improve the quality of life for the vulnerable people we serve through the benefits of our programs. We seek to unify families and communities torn apart by poverty, unemployment, or neglect by providing real.
Practical solutions and a path to earned income. We do this through a wide array of programs and services supporting children, families, veterans, and those struggling with mental illness and other significant disabilities.
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will work collaboratively with the medical staff as a care provider to treat patients suffering from acute and/or chronic mental health issues and those needing Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT).
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will be responsible for performing psychiatric evaluations, history and physical, writing orders, and prescribing treatments for adult clients in an outpatient setting. No Call, No Nights or Weekends with a competitive salary on a dynamic and passionate team.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Educate patients and family members about mental health and medical conditions,
- preventive health measures, medications, or treatment plans.
- Write prescriptions for psychotropic medications as allowed by state regulations and collaborative practice agreements.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, including psychiatrists, or nursing staff, to develop, implement, or evaluate treatment plans.
- Develop and implement treatment plans.
- Conduct individual, group, or family psychotherapy for those with chronic or acute mental disorders.
- Interpret diagnostic or laboratory tests such as electrocardiograms (EKGs) and renal function tests.
- Refer patients requiring more specialized or complex treatment to psychiatrists, primary care physicians, or other medical specialists.
- Teach classes on mental health topics such as stress reduction.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service, in everything you do, by placing the child, family, Veteran, or patient first to support our mission to “Empower people to build better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities.”
- EDUCATION: MSN, completion of an accredited Advanced Practice nursing program.
- EXPERIENCE: At least 2 years of psychiatric nurse practitioner experience prior to applying. Experience in a psychiatric/mental health setting preferred.
- LICENSES: Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP). Driver’s License with clean record required. Current Basic Life Support CPR certification.
- VEHICLE: Must have daily use of a vehicle without prior notice. Up to 30% travel within the county and surrounding areas.
- OFFICE: Must have access to a private home office space to work out of and can work remotely. May have access to an Endeavors office for in-person or virtual client work if appropriate.
- OTHER: Must be available and willing to travel to various locations in the local areas/satellite offices with such frequency as the business need dictates. Must be available and willing to work one night per week and one-half Saturday per month as required to meet the scheduling needs of clients.
EXCEPTIONS TO THESE CRITERIA MUST BE APPROVED BY THE DEPARTMENT HEAD.
EOE STATEMENT Endeavors® and Endeavors Unlimited, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or status as a veteran in accordance with applicable federal laws.
Endeavors® and Endeavors Unlimited, Inc. also comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location its employees are working. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Including, but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. Endeavors® and Endeavors Unlimited, Inc. is “Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers.”