|Hiring Organization||NEXT Oncology|
|Qualification||High School Diploma, Associate Degree, and/or certificate program preferred|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 32000 To USD 35000 Per Year|
|Location||San Antonio, Texas, United States 78229|
The Receptionist will greet and check in patients in the clinic. The receptionist will answer, screen, and forward incoming telephone calls. In addition, the Receptionist will perform a variety of receptionist, clerical, record keeping, and miscellaneous duties in support and care of services provided in an outpatient medical setting.
- High School Diploma, Associate Degree, and/or certificate program preferred
- Three years of medical reception or medical scheduling experience is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Greets patients and visitors with a positive, helpful attitude.
- Assists patients and visitors in finding their way around the office
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties, answering patients’ questions, and maintaining the reception area.
- Receives incoming correspondence and reviews/forwards to appropriate staff.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties including but not limited to faxing and filing of confidential documents; and basic Internet and email utilization.
- Provides excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Manages the front desk operations
- Performs daily call-back appointment reminders.
- Notifies company personnel of patient or visitor arrival.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying providers of patients’ arrival, reviewing service delivery compared to schedule, and reminding providers of service delays.
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining the confidentiality of medical, personal, and financial information.
- Maintains security and telecommunications system.
- Operates telecommunication system by following manufacturer’s instructions for house phone and console operation.
- Keeps a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
The Receptionist reports to the Vice President of Clinical Operations.