|Hiring Organization||QUT Gardens Point Campus|
|Post Title||Library Assistant Jobs Brisbane|
|Post Name||Resource Assistant (Library)|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 64997 To AUD 68359 Per Year|
|Location||Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 4000|
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is seeking a Resource Assistant (Library) to join Library, Education Portfolio, and Academic Division.
QUT seeks a part-time (ongoing) Resource Assistant to perform a range of Library tasks associated with the acquisition and cataloging of online and print monograph and serial resources into its collection, to facilitate access and retrieval by Library clients.
QUT is a major Australian university with a global outlook and a ‘real world’ focus. We are an ambitious and collaborative institution that seeks to equip our students and graduates with the skills they will need in an increasingly disrupted and challenged world.
About the Academic Division
Academic Division includes the University’s faculties and research centers. It is responsible for education (learning and teaching), research, research services and support, and digital business solutions. The Academic Division is led by the Provost.
About the Education Portfolio
At QUT we are transforming learning and teaching practices in line with our Real World Learning Vision so that our graduates are highly skilled, enterprising, and well suited to 21st-century employment and careers. We are committed to increasing the flexibility of our course offerings to enable our students and graduates to thrive in changing and complex working environments throughout their lives.
Our focus is on student success, partnering with students to enhance the end-to-end learner journey, and designing and delivering high-quality, flexible educational experiences that enable this.
The Education Portfolio encompasses:
- Curriculum Quality and Standards
- Learning and Teaching Unit
- QUT College
- QUT Entrepreneurship
- Student Ombudsman
QUT’s distinctive positioning as “the university for the real world” means a commitment to and investment in real-world work integrated learning, authentic assessment, a curriculum design studio approach for innovative curriculum, and an increased focus on the optimization of digital technologies to enhance on-campus and online learning.
About the Library
QUT Library plays an integral role in delivering key university strategies through providing outstanding learning resources, environments, and programs; supporting high-impact research and development, and strengthening and extending strategic partnerships with professional and broader communities. As a learning organization, we continue to strengthen our commitment to client-focused service and continuous improvement.
QUT Library has three branch libraries – Gardens Point Library, Kelvin Grove Library, and our Law Library, each providing resources and services to support the learning, teaching, and research needs of the QUT community.
What you need to succeed
Your expertise and initiative, combined with your ability to work as an excellent team player will be vital to your success in this role.
You will demonstrate:
- Education, training, and/ or relevant experience equivalent to the completion of a
- Diploma in Library Studies (Library Technician) with relevant library work experience.
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, and a commitment to providing a high level of client service.
- Ability to work independently and contribute effectively in a team environment with a focus on efficient and improved work practices.
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, and organize workload to achieve desired work outcomes and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills, and the ability to apply theoretical knowledge and techniques to a range of procedures and tasks.
- Demonstrated digital literacy skills including the ability to use the back-end of automated library systems (especially Alma), and experience with standard software packages
Careers at QUT
Our culture is vibrant, inspiring, and challenging. It’s a world where like-minds come together with a commitment to making a real-world difference, no matter what the area of expertise.
Beyond personal and professional fulfillment, a career at QUT brings a broad range of tangible benefits. QUT is a high-quality and flexible organization that is proud of its excellent employment conditions which include but are not limited to:
- Parental leave provisions
- Study support encompassing leave and financial assistance
- Comprehensive professional development
- Salary Packaging