NYC Custodian Jobs
|Hiring Organization||IT’SUGAR Times Square|
|Post Name||Retail Custodian|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 Per Hour|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10036|
Who we are…
IT’SUGAR was founded to create an environment that fosters the greatest feeling of happiness and humor; that allows you to smile and laugh out loud without judgment.
Expanding rapidly, with over 100 locations nationwide, IT’SUGAR aspires to a future where everyone has access to the pure joy that comes from indulging in a world with fewer rules and more sugar.
There are three major things that differentiate IT’SUGAR from other candy retailers. One is the product – an unconventional twist on traditional candy store goods that focus on the humorous and outlandish. Second is the ambiance – full of bright colors, loud music, and lighthearted rebellion. The third is the people – passionate, optimistic, and energetic.
The Housekeeping/Custodian role is integral to the customer experience and the operations of the store. The position will include maintaining a clean sales floor and warehouse environment.
The right candidate will be committed to and exemplify the organization’s values, have an eye for attention to detail, and maintain a professional demeanor in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash
- Clean restroom areas, break rooms, or other areas within the store.
- Signing off on cleaning logs signifying that the area was cleaned thoroughly.
- Dust and clean fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and equipment in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs.
- Notify manager of supplies and equipment needed for cleaning.
- Knowledge of personal protective equipment (PPE) and the ability to use personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Various other job duties as assigned.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks, manual dexterity
- Vision abilities required include close, distance, and depth perception
- Willing to work a flexible schedule of days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Standing: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Lifting: The employee is frequently required to walk and lift products in order to properly merchandise it. The employee must frequently and independently, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee needs to be able to lift up to 50lbs (may be assisted with this task).
- We are unapologetically fun! Dance, sing, and laugh out loud while you work
- Competitive Pay
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Training and Development
- 30% Employee Discount
- Perk Spot (Discounts on travel, events, goods, etc.)
- Flexible scheduling
- 401k with company match
- Employee Assistance Program