|Hiring Organization||Bank Of America|
|Post Name||Compliance and Operational Risk Manager|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree Required|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 30 To USD 36 Per Hour|
|Location||Phoenix, Arizona, United States 85009|
The Compliance and Operational Risk (C&OR) Manager is a member of the Global Human Resources (GHR) Compliance and Operational team providing independent risk oversight of Global Human Resources (GHR).
As a member of a global team providing risk oversight of an enterprise control function, the C&OR Manager will have the opportunity for exposure to the functions that enable GHR-related processes for our global workforce, and the programs that support the health and wellness of the bank’s employees.
Enterprise services such as corporate travel and aviation, along with complex topics (such as Return to Office) span the enterprise. Exposure to other risk areas can be expected as well, examples include conduct/people risk, fraud, third party, data management, privacy, and information security risk.
There will be ample opportunity to engage with stakeholders and enhance skills in risk identification and control evaluation, business and data analysis, critical thinking, communications, and presentations.
Leveraging experience, judgment, and influence, the C&OR Manager will constructively challenge GHR leaders in meeting the bank’s compliance and operational risk program requirements while balancing business strategy with appropriate controls.
The C&OR Manager is accountable for proactive identification, management, and escalation of compliance and operational risks through the execution of the following activities
- Understands GHR programs, processes, activities, and their related risks to architect a global risk-based coverage plan defining the scope of our second-line risk management activities.
- Maintains a comprehensive regulatory inventory and monitors the regulatory environment to identify regulatory changes applicable to the area(s) of coverage, communicates and engages with impacted GHR stakeholders to confirm that policies, standards, procedures, and/or processes are appropriately implemented or amended to address regulatory requirements.
- Provides oversight of GHR-owned policies, standards, and procedures to ensure regulatory and operational risk requirements are appropriately addressed, inclusive of conduct risk as applicable.
- Ensures metrics are designed to measure key risks and control performance, monitors and reports on metric performance and breach remediation.
- Reviews and challenges internal and external operational loss events, including the development of remediation, plans to strengthen controls and participates in Scenario Analysis when appropriate.
- Reviews and challenges the GHR’s process, risk, control inventory, and GHR’s Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA.)
- Inspects and challenges issue remediation plans for control weaknesses, confirming root cause is addressed and planned corrective actions are sustainable.
- Executes and/or oversees the execution of independent risk monitoring, testing, and risk assessments to communicate results.
- Produces independent risk management reporting for the respective area(s) of coverage as input governance and management routines.
The C&OR Manager may prepare materials for C&OR regulatory exams/audits/inquiries or may provide consultation to business leaders in preparation for FLU/CF regulatory exams/audits/inquiries.
The C&OR Manager plans, drives, and reviews team deliverables to support consistent quality of activities, processes, and outputs. This role may contribute as a manager responsible for providing leadership direction to direct, motivate and retain a team, or may act as an individual contributor.
Desired Skills: Financial Services or similarly regulated sector
Requirements and Skills
- Minimum Years of Business and Functional Experience: 7
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Experience in Risk, Audit, Human Resources, Business Controls or Process and Control Management
- Relationship management, effective at stakeholder engagement and communications
- Understands how laws, rules, and regulations apply to businesses and their activities and can translate those requirements to effectively execute risk management activities and oversight
- Microsoft Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint
- Experience with Human Resources functions/programs
- Experience in the following risk areas: people and conduct, operational and data management risk
- Process Design
- Data analysis
- Experience with Compliance and/or Operational Risk Programs
- Certifications (Six Sigma, Operational / Compliance Risk)
- Experience with the bank’s internal Single Process Inventory (SPI)
- 1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: