|Hiring Organization||Royal Mail Group|
|Post Name||Royal Mail PFS Mobile Electrical and Maintenance Engineer – West Midlands area|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 33100 Per Year|
|Location||Birmingham, England, United Kingdom B1 1DE|
We are now recruiting for a Mobile Electrical and Maintenance Engineer covering the West Midlands area
Royal Mail Property & Facilities Solutions is looking for an electrically biased Multi Skilled Engineer to join our Facilities, Maintenance Team. This role will cover various offices within the West Midlands postcode areas.
Full-time 37.5 hours per week – typical attendance will be 07:00 until 15:00 Monday to Friday however, flexibility is essential. The successful applicant will be required to join an out-of-hours callout rota in the future either 1 in 5 or 1 in 6 weeks covering a wider area.
Standby allowance £280 per week, when on a rota, and appropriate overtime rate when attending the call We are looking to offer Permanent contracts.
What does Excellence look like in this role?
In this role, the technician will be expected to have excellent technical knowledge of electrical systems, mechanical power and control wiring, and test inspection of electrical installations.
The Engineer will be expected to work on multiple FM systems with the majority of the work being electrical maintenance. The engineer will need a flexible approach to work and be willing to travel to different sites within a specified geographical area.
A vehicle will be provided for the required travel. The technician will have excellent communication skills and be able to discuss work and progress with customers and managers. They will also have excellent organizational skills.
You are required to have a full UK Driving Licence with no more than 6 penalty points
Who will this role work with to achieve excellence?
The engineer will report directly to the Area Manager and will work with customers on-site, other engineers, and sub-contractors on a daily basis.
What needs to be done in this role to achieve this?
- Maintenance of electrical systems on numerous commercial sites
- Expert fault finding and providing advice and guidance to customers in relation to equipment such as roller shutter doors and dock levelers.
- Have an understanding of all basic plumbing such as replacing taps, sinks, cistern filling / flush units, and heating elements
- Supply knowledge in a range of technical situations, making personal judgments on how to undertake work to achieve quality, cost, and time objectives
- Provide technical advice and guidance to other staff and customers in order to resolve problems.
- Manage the delivery of Corrective and Planned Maintenance to meet the performance measures detailed in the contract.
- Liaise with customers’ representatives on a day-to-day basis to ensure customer requirements are fully met.
- Check and ensure all appropriate and approved paperwork is completed.
- Make personal judgments on how to undertake work to achieve cost, quality, and contractual objectives
- Act as a role model for safety, setting an example to colleagues and customers
- Manage the relationship with the customer, and liaise with customers to ensure that the customer is fully informed and projects a positive professional image of self and Royal Mail P&FS.
What technical knowledge, skills, and experience are required?
- Successful applicants must hold an Electrical certification such as the 18th Edition.
- The applicant must have the full electrical qualification of City and Guilds 2382 & 2391 testing and inspection certification.
- The role holder must have planned maintenance experience in electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience in fault finding and diagnosis with the ability to provide advice and guidance to others across all systems where required.
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers, explaining technical issues.
- The ability to analyze and understand complex technical issues in relation to electrical systems
- Ideally, you will be IPAF and MEWP trained and qualified, and be comfortable working at heights.
- Experience in dealing with Customers in a commercial environment.
- Applicants must hold a valid UK driving license (no endorsements preferable) as this vacancy will involve travel within a specified geographical area.
- Computer literacy skills are an advantage
What behaviors and personal competence are needed?
- Acts as a role model for safety, setting positive examples to peers
- Keeps customers informed on progress and outcomes
- Willing to share expertise and knowledge
- Committed to personal development
- Strives to deliver beyond expectations
- Remains calm under pressure
Royal Mail Property & Facilities Solutions is responsible for upgrading and safely maintaining one of the largest corporate real estate and property portfolios in Europe, with over 2,600 sites.
We pride ourselves on working to the highest standards of both technical assurance and customer service. It’s our job to support Royal Mail in being the best delivery company in the UK and that it is fit for delivering to 29 million addresses nationwide, six days a week.
Through our core delivery pillars of Real Estate & Value Generation, Property Programmes & Projects, and Workplace Services, Royal Mail Property & Facilities Solutions plays a key role in keeping the mail moving. Royal Mail Property & Facilities Solutions employs 3000 employees and is owned by Royal Mail Group Ltd
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity, and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.