Field Service Representative
|Hiring Organization||San Antonio Water System|
|Post Name||Field Service Representative|
|Qualification||High School Diploma or GED.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 38324 To USD 58287 Per Year|
|Location||San Antonio, Texas, United States 78212|
The Field Service Representative completes and documents field work orders to the bill, initiates, or terminates customer accounts and records water consumption, turns on and turns off services up to 2″ in diameter while ensuring safety awareness in the day-to-day performance of duties.
- Verifies service information on all meter sizes to ensure proper identification initiates or terminates water service and obtains meter readings on all accounts requesting a change to enable proper billing.
- Assists customers in the resolution of service problems and leaks by answering questions and providing information, in order to enhance customer relations.
- Communicates with customers to increase awareness of SAWS policies and guidelines.
- Records all activities such as meter readings and investigations through a computerized customer service system.
- Promotes and practices a safe work environment for internal and external clients.
- Maintains motor vehicles, equipment, and supplies necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Utilizes safety policies and procedures.
- Utilizes maps to route work effectively.
- Schedules and coordinates activities with other sections.
- Removes debris and dirt covering meter boxes and meters, and replaces damaged or missing lids.
- Utilizes a two-way radio communication system.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and public relations.
- Reads residential, commercial, and industrial meters, as required.
- Verifies high and low accounts and checks for straight connections.
- Installs troubleshoot, and repairs problems with automated meters and related devices.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Works under general supervision.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two years of customer service, meter reading, or collection experience.
- Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License.
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within SAWS’ hours of operation including the training period where lunches and breaks are scheduled with the flexibility to adjust the daily schedule and work overtime and/or weekends as needed.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Regular contact with internal and external customers.
- Communicates effectively, verbally, and in writing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Subject to standing, sitting, walking, climbing, bending, crawling, squatting, kneeling, and working in cramped and strained positions for long periods of time to perform job scope.
Working conditions are primarily in extreme outside weather conditions, exposed to wet and or humid conditions, wastewater, mechanical, electrical, chemical, confined space, slippery, uneven surfaces, excessive noise, heavy traffic, deep excavations, animals, snakes, and poisonous insects. Operates company vehicle on a daily basis.
May be required to work hours other than regular daytime schedules such as weekends, shift work, overtime, and on-call duty.