|Hiring Organization||SeaWorld San Antonio|
|Post Name||Security Officer|
|Qualification||High school diploma or equivalent|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 Per Hour|
|Location||San Antonio, Texas, United States 78251|
Do you have a passion for protecting others? Do you have laser focus and incredible intuition for detecting potential problems?
Are you uniquely skilled at defusing tense situations? Then we’ve got your next assignment! We’re looking for dedicated, diligent, and driven individuals to provide exceptional security services throughout our many theme parks.
Our Part-Time Security Officer positions require a minimum of 3 full days of availability (open-close) including 1 weekend day and the majority of your time will be spent in the park enjoying the outdoor elements.
What you get to do:
As a Security Officer, you’ll be committed to ensuring the highest level of guest safety, security, and satisfaction. Your professional demeanor and reassuring presence will provide guests and Ambassadors with the peace of mind that enhances their overall park experience.
You will be responsible for:
- Respond quickly and appropriately to calls for service and security/safety issues
- Patrol by foot/vehicle to protect park guests and park property from security/safety risks
- Assist law enforcement officers when necessary
- Perform roving patrols of all park property, including buildings, vehicles, animals, etc.
- Interact with guests and Ambassadors to create a safe and secure environment
- Investigate incidents and complete incident reports
- Inspect bags and entering/exiting vehicles to prevent theft or the introduction of contraband
- Conduct access control for all vehicles and employees to ensure proper authorization
- Operate mobile and static posts
- Maintain logs
- Issue/receive keys and validate IDs for access
What it takes to succeed: Part-Time & Seasonal Security Officer Positions
- At least 18 years old
- Must have a valid state driver’s license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to obtain Level II Security License through the Texas Department of Public Safety
- Able to complete CPR training/certification
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to stand for long periods of time, properly lift 50 pounds and push/pull 50 pounds
- Previous security experience or equivalent education
- Excellent situational awareness and the ability to demonstrate attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and exercise discretion/authority when required
- Able to work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions and temperature extremes
- Minimum of 3 full days of availability (open-close), which includes 1 weekend day
- Available to work varying shifts/hours based on business need, including opening, mid-, and closing shifts, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Previous guest service or hospitality experience
The perks of the position:
As part of the SeaWorld family, you’ll enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment and great teammates, as well as:
- FREE park admission
- Discounted park admission tickets and passes for family and friends
- Park discounts on food, merchandise, etc.
Join the team
If you’re looking for the opportunity to make the most of your abilities in a one-of-a-kind setting with an entertainment industry leader, we’re looking for you!