|Post Title||Seek Jobs Adelaide|
|Post Name||Animal Attendant Team Leader|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 24 To AUD 29 Per Hour|
|Location||Adelaide, South Australia, Australia 5000|
- Leadership opportunity in the Animal Industry – flexible causal role
- Salary sacrificing available to increase take-home pay
- Adelaide Airport precinct location
About Beau’s Pet Hotel
Beau’s is a state-of-the-art Pet Hotel that offers a safe and loving holiday experience for pets, offering both standard and luxury accommodation for cats and dogs. Beau’s is conveniently located in the Adelaide Airport precinct.
All profits from Beau’s Pet Hotel are returned to Guide Dogs SA/NT to enable a lifetime of independence, participation, inclusion, and wellbeing for children and adults with vision impairment or loss.
Other sensory impairments, and autism through the provision of Guide Dogs, Autism Assistance Dogs, and Facility Dogs, specialist services, and assistive technologies.
About the role
We are seeking a skilled and qualified Animal Attendant Team Leader on a causal basis to supervise day-to-day operations and provide exceptional care to our guests staying at Beau’s Pet Hotel. You will be closely working with our leadership team, each with expertise in different areas of animal care and behavior.
- Provide training, supervision, and support to Animal Attendants in their day-to-day duties of animal husbandry including cleaning, feeding, medicating, and grooming.
- Provide professional communication regarding pets to their owners.
- Perform daily checks, reporting, and other operational duties.
- Manage and provide enrichment activities and specialized care to all pet guests.
- Supervise Dog Daycare.
- Provide medication and basic first aid to animals where required.
- Provide high-level communication to managers and team members.
- Work as an integral member of Beau’s team.
- Deliver memorable customer service.
On offer are a few Team Leader shifts per week, plus Daycare/Boarding Lead and Animal Attendant shifts as required and/or requested.
It is important our Animal Attendant Team Leaders are suitably qualified and experienced in people leadership. Experience in a supervisory or leadership role is essential. A minimum tertiary qualification of Certificate III in Companion Animal Care (or similar qualification) is also required.
You will also have a thorough knowledge and understanding of dog behavior and temperament, with demonstrated animal handling skills.
We are looking for someone that is highly reliable, organized, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and mature-minded with excellent customer service, communication, and problem-solving skills. A current Driver’s License and Police Check will be required.
- Work for Guide Dogs SA/NT, a reputable and trusted organization
- A friendly and supportive team who are passionate about what they do.
- Opportunity to salary sacrifice and maximize your take-home pay.
- Employee Assistance Program offers counseling and support services.
- Opportunities available to advance your career
- Complimentary annual flu shots.