|Post Name||Senior Project Manager, Engineering|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 70000 To USD 80000 Per Year|
|Location||Phoenix, Arizona, United States 85281|
We’ve been changing the game, and we’re not taking our foot off the gas now! Team spirit is evident at Carvana and every day we let our passions and creativity foster innovation.
We take big swings and set ambitious goals in everything we do. If you are looking to join a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to…
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment
- Generate, upload and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary)
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines
- Trade in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary)
About the team and position…
Do you have a natural ability to lead? Are you the type of person who listens to project management podcasts in your spare time? Do you manage your entire house using the Atlassian Suite?
If so, join a dynamic team of project managers aimed at bringing the latest in web application development processes to a whole new way to buy a car.
We are a fast-growing team that is focused on performance, scalability, and reliability to provide the best experience to our customers, both internal and external.
The Ownership Platform team is new and sits at the center of nearly every product team at Carvana. As a team that not only builds products but aggregates other teams’ products, we must be exceedingly cross-functional when delivering against our roadmap.
This unique position is an opportunity for a delivery-obsessed Senior Project Manager to help drive the creation, evolution, and expansion of this new business vertical within Carvana.
As a member of this team, you will be helping to manage a program to build a best-in-class vehicle ownership user experience. You will provide the connective tissue between our business, stakeholders, product, and engineering to deliver a delightful user experience that will help drive top-line value to Carvana.
What you’ll be doing…
- Own the development timeline and product delivery of the Ownership Platform roadmap.
- Ability to develop a detailed project plan with scope and objectives ensuring technical feasibility for all projects.
- Become the expert in providing well-informed, high-integrity estimates for when our products will get into customers’ hands. You’ll know what’s already been completed and what’s needed to get to production on time.
- Go and see. You’ll journey across the organization to learn what our partners are working on, and to identify potential opportunities and/or challenges for delivering on the Ownership Platform’s immediate roadmap and long-term vision.
- On the orchestration of internal and external product integrations into the Ownership Platform.
- Provide delivery-centered status updates to leadership for the Ownership Platform team and key internal stakeholder roadmap progress.
- Design/map/visualize roadmap delivery status: how we’re tracking toward key milestones, highlighting cross-functional dependencies, notating release cycles, and more for each Ownership Platform track and key internal partner teams.
- Internalize and evangelize the vision and strategy of the Ownership Platform.
- Identifying project risks and raising them proactively.
- Removing impediments and/or guiding the team toward removing impediments.
- Facilitating discussion, decision-making, and conflict resolution.
- Managing Agile ceremonies across the team and supporting Product Managers with grooming, maintaining the product backlog, and writing user stories as required.
- A deep understanding of modern web and native applications and the management of the SDLC.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
What you’ll need to thrive in this role:
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and find the answers to your own questions.
- Excellent communication skills. You know conversation is the first step to building meaningful partnerships.
- Persistence. You know that sometimes it takes multiple dm’s to get a response from busy people, and that doesn’t bother you.
- Socially fearless. You’re not afraid to meet LOTS of new people. Carvana is big, but it’s filled with friendly, helpful people.
- You’re naturally curious and enthusiastic about new products and services.
- Practiced skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- A sense of humor; we’re kind of serious about this one.
What we’ll offer in return:
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks includes student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer.
All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.