|Post Name||Senior Structural Engineer|
|Qualification||Bachelor of Structural/Civil Engineering or relevant undergraduate degree.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 80000 To AUD 110000 Per Year|
|Location||Perth, Western Australia, Australia 6005|
Our client seeks a Senior Structural Engineer on an initial 12-month contract, Perth-based.
You will provide structural engineering services and may provide technical support and supervision within the structural team.
- Deliver technical engineering deliverables that meet the client and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Responsible for supporting the lead structural engineer in the technical delivery of structural related elements relating to various projects including the design of material handling structures, underground concrete works, onshore LNG structural steelwork as well as general non-processing infrastructure structures.
Perform tasks such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures;
- clarification of project scope and identify changes to the lead structural engineer as per project change management processes;
- Gathers data from multiple sources and prepares engineering studies, analyses, calculations, etc. Support technical development of solutions, and recommendations and creates final documentation for project deliverables.
- Participates in bid clarifications conducts bid evaluations, completes inter-discipline vendor information review and approval, and finalizes other certification activities.
- If required, supervise structural drafting to deliver project requirements under the direction of a lead structural engineer.
- Where opportunities arise, support the lead structural engineer on specific projects where the responsibility includes.
- Scope management.
- Promotion of workshare between various offices.
- Cross-disciplinary coordination to ensure successful delivery of Customer requirements.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between the client and its Customer’s requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in structural engineering.
- Support effective communication with the structural engineering team and project stakeholders, including the customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
What you will bring
- Bachelor of Structural/Civil Engineering or relevant undergraduate degree.
- 5 years plus experience in structural engineering design in the mining, energy, and/or infrastructure sector.
- Previous experience in mining is desirable but not essential.
- Familiar with finite element programs will be advantageous.
- Familiar with software such as MicroStation and AutoCAD would be beneficial.
- Keen attitude to learning new design tools as well as modes of project delivery.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be highly driven with a focus on delivery and service.
Technical and Industry Experience
- Sound knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Exposure to developing civil design across a range of project cycles using Australian Standards.
- Knowledge of Rio Tinto or BHP standards & systems knowledge is preferable, but not critical.
- Agile with working in multiple platforms and environments including the use of 365 suite and various other collaboration tools.
- Competent use of structural engineering-specific software such as Spacegass and StaadPro.
- Worked in a team with a diverse background.