|Post Name||Sewing / Textile Supervisor|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AUD 20 To AUD 25 Per Hour|
|Location||Perth, Western Australia, Australia 6000|
If you are looking for a career in textile and sporting apparel production and enjoy working in a collaborative, respectful team environment, this is the role for you.
Our client, Burley Sekem, is known as Australia’s leading manufacturer of licensed sports merchandise, holding official distribution and manufacturing licenses with the AFL, NRL, Socceroos, and Wallabies.
They are a key brand under the Kookaburra Sports Group which remains a 100% Australian family-owned business after 130 years of operations. They are seeking a Sewing / Textile Supervisor to join their internationally growing team in Bassendean.
Burley Sekem is seeking a permanent, full-time Sewing / Textile Supervisor who will ensure the smooth day-to-day running of their production activities and maintain a high standard of quality and consistency among their apparel.
You will be joining a small and supportive team that values transparency at their production facilities. This role offers stable working hours and on-the-job skill development for those looking to step up into a supervisory role.
Reporting to the Production / Warehouse Manager, you will be responsible for checking the quality of internally produced and externally received garments. Moreover, you will leverage your communication skills, friendly persona, and industrial sewing machine skills to lead your small and dedicated sewing team.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Training and leading their team of production/sewing staff.
- Assisting in the delivery of goals as outlined in the production plan.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
- Managing quality assurance concerns and documentation.
- Implementing OH&S policies and procedures.
- Purchasing miscellaneous raw materials.
- Performing record keeping and data entry (SAGE)
- Promoting an open-door policy and a healthy team environment.
Training will be provided for SAGE.
You will be an experienced and friendly Sewing /Textile Supervisor who is approachable and able to facilitate a warm team environment.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- Previous experience operating industrial sewing machines.
- Ability to monitor and apply quality assurance measures.
- Be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have a valid medical exemption.
- Be willing to undergo a pre-employment medical assessment.
Kookaburra Sports Group:
Kookaburra Sports Group was founded by Englishman Alfred Grace Thompson, a saddle and harness maker, who had a love for the sport. The business began in Bay Street Brighton, Victoria, and by World War I, I was already entrenched as one of the leading Australian hand-made cricket ball manufacturers.
Today the Kookaburra Sports Group operates key brands such as Kookaburra Sport, Burley Sekem, and Readers and is renowned for manufacturing and supplying their sporting goods to countries across the globe.
After 130 years the Kookaburra Sports Group remains a 100% Australian family-owned business. They pride themselves on their honest approach to operations and their friendly and supportive culture. With their team located in countries such as Australia, New Zealand, India, and the United Kingdom, they proudly employ over 200 people.