|Post Name||Team Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 15 To GBP 20 Per Hour|
|Location||Northamptonshire, England, United Kingdom NN14 3JW|
Purpose of role:
To lead motivate and develop a team of Depot colleagues to achieve and maintain the site and business KPIs.
- To ensure the effective performance of the department, including the management of equipment and resource, to achieve targeted KPIs and budgeted costs.
- To ensure your department contributes to the on-time delivery performance, particularly in respect of completing the loading of trailers on time, to ensure the Depot meets the on-time delivery target of 97.5%
- To effectively manage attendance to maintain an effective labor resource, including the effective control of agency labor in line with your direct headcount budget.
- To implement and maintain reports for the warehouse operation, e.g. volumes, KPIs, and productivity reports, always ensuring the department meets the set productivity.
- To ensure the adequate communication of information to all colleagues, in particular ensuring a daily brief is conducted at the commencement of each shift.
- To develop a multi-skilled team of colleagues and support a succession plan through training, coaching, delegation, and feedback.
- To ensure all matters of performance or capability are managed in accordance with Company procedure.
- To support the Company Substance Misuse policy with regard to on-site drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Company procedure.
- To ensure all PDRs and objective reviews are carried out promptly, effectively, and in line with best practices.
- To ensure sickness absence is managed in accordance with Company procedure.
- To input and maintain information on time and attendance in a timely manner for payroll purposes.
- To ensure adequate investigation and reporting of all accidents and near misses by Primark colleagues, and agency workers in line with Company policy.
- To lead employees to create a culture that encourages safe behavior and environmental best practice.
- To maintain the suitability and traceability of Primark product movements.
- Ensure that products are handled carefully and correctly in line with standard operating procedures and with due respect for the secure storage and transit of their goods.
- Drive a safety culture whereby each colleague operates with safety as the primary concern, and whereby safety challenges to colleagues are encouraged and developed.
- To ensure the efficient and effective achievement of all operational targets and key performance indicators.
Essential knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Ability to communicate and delegate to others both verbally and written.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to work in and lead a team.
- Adaptable to work in all sections of a Depot (inbound / outbound etc.)
- Good decision-maker.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Knowledge of a fast-moving retail warehouse.
- Experience in utilizing and interrogating Warehouse Management systems.
- Performance Management/target setting.
- Openness to change.
- Good listener.
- Ability to coach and support.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Driven to develop themselves and others.
- Engagement with people around them.
- Good role model.