|Post Name||Train Attendants|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 40000 To USD 64000 Per Year|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90012|
Your success is a train ride away!
As we move America’s workforce toward the future, Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public, and our operating environment is our priority, and the success of our railroad is due to our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
Our values of ‘Do the Right Thing, Excel Together, and Put Customers First’ is at the heart of what matters most to us, and our Core Capabilities, ‘Building Trust, Accountability, Effective Communication, Customer Focus, and Proactive Safety & Security are what every employee needs to know and do to be most impactful at Amtrak.
By living the Amtrak values, focusing on our capabilities, and actively embracing and fostering diverse ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives, together we will honor our past and make Amtrak a company of the future.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
This position is responsible for ensuring a safe, comfortable, and pleasant journey for our coach and sleeping car passengers. The Train Attendant can work either coach or sleeping cars. Coach Attendants will be required to keep assigned coaches clean for the duration of the trip, including maintenance of all restrooms.
Sleeping Car Attendants will be required to offer passengers all first-class amenities, make beds, change linen and keep the restroom and shower area clean and sanitary for the duration of the trip.
Must be willing to give special assistance to elderly and disabled passengers who are boarding and detraining. Will be responsible for assisting passengers who are boarding/detraining, including assistance with baggage. Must load/unload supplies and maintain an inventory of supplies.
- This position will be responsible for performing dining car service and side work as directed by the Lead Service Attendant by providing a quality dining car experience for passengers in a safe, efficient and professional manner.
- Must load/unload supplies and maintain an inventory of supplies.
- Must be available to work flexible schedules that include weekends and holidays.
- Food and beverage handling experience.
- Cash handling and customer contact experience.
- Experience in housekeeping.
- Must be at least 21 years of age upon completion of classroom training (due to service of alcoholic beverages).
- Successfully complete a customer service aptitude testing instrument.
- Successfully completed drug screening and pre-employment medical exam. Must be able to lift heavy items. Must be able to work while standing for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work a variety of hours and days off, including up to eight days away from home crew base.
- Demonstrate a friendly, outgoing, and courteous disposition.
- Must wear a company-provided uniform, and comply with company grooming policies.
- Some college, food service industry, or transportation-related training.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and high-performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
All positions require pre-employment background check verification, a pre-employment drug screen, and proof of full vaccination against COVID -19. Amtrak is committed to a safe workplace free of drugs and alcohol and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use.
Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. Successful applicants for employment with Amtrak must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for accommodation.
Fully vaccinated means 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 14 days since receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR § 40.25).
Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, the individual will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Amtrak is an EOE/Affirmative Action Minority/Female employer, and we welcome all to apply.
We consider candidates regardless of race/color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions), national origin/ethnicity, age, disability (intellectual, mental and physical), veteran status, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, citizenship or any other personal characteristics protected by law.