|Hiring Organization||DA Languages|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 19500 To GBP 21000 Per Year|
|Location||Manchester, England, United Kingdom M2 4WU|
Following a recent expansion, we are looking for a Transcriber to perform audio into text transcription tasks for our company.
A successful Typist is responsible for typing up material from audio resources. If you can type fast and accurately and can check documents for grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors under tight deadlines, we’d like to meet you. For this role, it is essential to handle sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Transcribing documents from audio recordings into text format
- Correctly identify speakers throughout lengthy recordings
- Edit completed work for grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Quality-checking transcriptions by other typists
- Delegate and oversee the delivery of particularly large transcription projects
- Keep information confidential in accordance with security policies
- Any other tasks as directed by line-manager
- Efficiency and attention to detail
- Can use computer software packages, including Word
- Good communicator
- Able to produce neat and well-presented work
- Discretion: much of the information you will be dealing with will be confidential
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to search for information specific to the industry they work in.
- Fantastic command over language – both formal as well as colloquial, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to understand a wide range of British and foreign accents
- Knowledge of how to format text into client-specific requests.
- Good working knowledge of computers and software programs they need to use to perform the function of transcription, from autocorrect function in word processing programs to use of pedals and specialist transcription software.
- Proven work experience as a Typist, Data Entry Clerk, or Data Entry operator
- Fast typing skills; using a touch-typing system is a plus
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets
- Familiarity with office equipment
- Strong English language skills
- Attention to detail with an ability to spot grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors
- High school diploma; additional computer training or certification is a plus