|Post Name||Bilingual Spanish English & Humanities Tutor|
|Qualification||Undergraduate Degree (or in the process of completion) in a relevant field|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 20 To USD 26 Per Hour|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
Driven by the mission to democratize education, Paper is the largest provider of educational support, supporting millions of students through partnerships with thousands of school districts.
The paper helps deliver true educational equity through its category-leading Educational Support System (ESS) which offers virtual access to 24/7 tutors and essay reviewers. Paper philosophically believes that all students should be given the tools and resources to reach their academic potential, independent of socio-economic status, geography, language, or other barriers.
We are headquartered in Montreal, Quebec with remote employees across the US and Canada. Paper is proud to have been named by GSV as one of the most transformational growth companies in digital learning.
We are looking for experienced, part-time bilingual English & Humanities tutors dedicated to making education more equitable to join our growing team! We are seeking tutors who are comfortable with chat-based tutoring in English, as well as in Spanish.
Our tutors are language and writing experts who approach essay review as tutors rather than as editors or proofreaders using The Paper Method: A Customized Methodology, to engage with students and help them develop their skills and confidence by providing individualized guidance and step-by-step support through our live, chat-based tutoring platform.
You’ll have the chance to hone your essay review and tutoring skills, all while making a meaningful difference in student’s lives by helping them improve their academic, professional, and personal writing skills.
We have tutors online around the clock covering many different subjects, and as a Paper Tutor, you will receive students in any of the topics that you are proficient in (which you identify in your application).
When working in the Paper classroom, you may be tutoring several students at once, working on varying topics at different grade and ability levels! This position is open across the United States of America.
- Live Tutoring: Manage tutoring sessions with multiple students (simultaneously) in your area of expertise.
- Essay Review: Provide constructive feedback and suggestions on student essays/assignments.
- Conduct pedagogical assessments, and provide feedback to teachers and students.
- Create an engaging learning environment, and enhance student confidence and interest in learning.
- Contribute to the tutor team by offering your knowledge and support to peers.
- Bilingual (English + Spanish)
- Tutoring experience 1+ year
- Undergraduate Degree (or in the process of completion) in a relevant field
- Passionate about learning and teaching
- Ability to adapt to individual student needs and learning styles
- Consistently available to work at least 10 hours per week
- Reliable access to laptop/computer (not a tablet), and internet (we use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for our Essay Review service).
- Ability to sit and type at a computer for long periods of time.
- Work with a dynamic team that provides support whenever you get stuck
- Work from the comfort of your home!
- Flexible schedule based on your availability!
- Opportunity for career development and advancement into management with a fast-growing company
- A unique opportunity to make an impact by making education more equitable
- Student demand fluctuates throughout the school year, peaking in the fall and dropping off during winter holidays and summer.
- Part-time tutors may receive up to 30 hours of tutoring shifts per week
- Our tutors work within blocks and you can select 1 per day to create your availability within
- Block 1: 4am – 2pm EST
- Block 2: 11am – 10pm EST
- Block 3: 8pm – 6am EST
All of our tutors start at $17.50/hour (adjustments for SeaTac, Washington). Wages are paid biweekly, direct deposit in your national currency.
Paper offers an exciting, dynamic, inclusive work environment putting excellence at the center of everything we do. Our mission is woven into the fabric of our culture, challenging our team to build meaningful and creative solutions.
We thrive when we collaborate with each other, and use integrity and selflessness to align our business decisions with our mission. We approach every challenge with positivity, achieving the outcome we want regardless of what gets in the way. Our tenacity propels our hyper-growth, where trust is key and we all strive to make an impact every day.
We believe that diverse teams build better products. Paper does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations.
Nobody checks every box, but the Paper team is built by passionate and innovative people who share our mission for democratizing education. If you don’t think you meet all of the requirements above but are still interested in the job, please apply.
PS. Equity is our mission! We make sure to treat all candidates equally: If you are interested please apply through our job board – our amazing talent team will reach out! Our team isn’t able to pass on any calls/ emails our way – and this makes sure that the candidate experience is smooth and fair to everyone.