|Hiring Organization||University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio – UT Health San Antonio|
|Post Title||UT Health Careers San Antonio|
|Post Name||Psychiatric Mental Health Practitioner Faculty|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 55 To USD 62 Per Hour|
|Location||San Antonio, Texas, United States 78229|
Psychiatric Mental Health Practitioner Faculty
The School of Nursing at UT Health San Antonio invites Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners to apply for a full-time tenure track or clinical track position at Assistant/Associate/ Professor rank.
A doctoral degree is highly recommended for applicants (not required for practice or teaching in an undergraduate program). Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Teaching clinical and/or didactic courses in undergraduate and/or graduate programs
- Potential for Practice within Wellness 360 at UT School of Nursing or other clinics managed by the School of Nursing
- Participation in academic nursing scholarship
- Participation in shared faculty governance
- Some evenings and weekends may be required
Qualifications – The successful candidate will have:
- A doctoral degree is highly preferred but not required A master’s degree in nursing with a DNP/Ph.D. in nursing or a related field preferred
- Current Texas RN Licensure is required; national APRN certification is preferred for undergraduate teaching and required for graduate teaching (PMHNP certification). Must show proof of the above prior to the official appointment date.
- National certification is required
- Clinical internship or experience preferred
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience
- Willingness to practice at multiple clinical sites
Interested individuals should apply online at: https://uthscsa.referrals.selectminds.com/faculty/page/school-of-nursing-opportunities-5
Please include in your submission:
- Letter of Intent outlining interest and experience.
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
For questions, please contact Stephanie Gonzalez-Sanabia, Faculty Process Support Specialist in the Office for Faculty Excellence at (210) 567-5925 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our School of Nursing is one of five schools at UT Health San Antonio, the only academic health science center in South Texas, and the chief catalyst for San Antonio’s thriving $40.2-billion-dollar health care and biosciences industry.
For nearly 50 years, we have educated nurse leaders, clinicians, scientists, and teachers to serve the diverse and underserved 38-county population of South Texas. The school offers several academic programs consisting of BSN, MSN, DNP, and Ph.D. degrees and specialty certificates.
Our school employs a state-of-the-art Center for Simulation Innovation for clinical education, as well as a growing patient care practice providing primary and acute care at our own clinic, Wellness 360, and at a variety of community partner sites. As leaders in community outreach.
We also operate a mobile health unit used for disaster relief and other missions. Faculty enjoy a wide range of engagement through our research program and Center for Community-Based Health Promotion with Women and Children, and a Center on Smart and Connected Health Technologies.
Collaborative, interprofessional research opportunities include the Glenn Biggs Institute for Alzheimer’s & Neurodegenerative Disease, Barshop Institute for Longevity & Aging Studies, Center for Research to Advance Community Health, and more.
Over the next four years, we are expanding our specialist network, faculty practice, and community partnerships to advance innovative sustainable models of health care and increase health equity. Be part of our growing team of 100+ faculty.
UT Health San Antonio is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including protected veterans and persons with disabilities. All faculty appointments are designated as security-sensitive positions.