|Hiring Organization||CPS Energy|
|Qualification||High School Diploma or GED|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 37000 To USD 47000 Per Year|
|Location||San Antonio, Texas, United States 78205|
We are engineers, high-line workers, power plant managers, accountants, electricians, project coordinators, risk analysts, customer service operators, community representatives, safety and security specialists, communicators, human resources partners, information technology technicians, and much, much more.
We are 3,300 people committed to enhancing the lives of the communities we serve. Together, we are powering the growth and success of our community progress every day!
Welder trainee is responsible for helping the journeymen welders with welding projects and tapping work in the field. Trainees will also be called in early and asked to stay late on occasion.
They will also be responsible for cleaning and restocking all materials kept in the shop and restocking the tapping trucks and keeping them clean. The normal work hours are from 7:30 am – 4:00 pm.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assisting journeyman welders in setting up and maintaining safe arc welding stations
- Assisting journeyman welders in preparing pipe and structural components for welding
- Assisting foreman/journeyman on stopple truck, restocking and keeping clean
- Assist in keeping shop area clean by performing various tasks such as sweeping the floors, restocking pipe fittings and pipe, changing out cutting torch bottles
- Ordering and receiving material for journeyman welders
Minimum Knowledge and Abilities
- Demonstrated basic math skills and the ability to perform measurement functions
- Ability to pass all applicable assessments including mechanical aptitude, reading, and math
- Ability to operate oxyfuel equipment
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Ability to differentiate between colors
- Must be able to perform physically strenuous activity and work in temperatures above100° Fahrenheit
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate shielded metal arc welding equipment
- Must be able to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime as required
- Ability to work well with others to form trusting, team-oriented working relationships
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a history of a safe driving record in accordance with CPSE policies, procedures, safety standards, and applicable laws and regulations
- Ability to drive various sizes of company CDL and non-CDL vehicles
- Must demonstrate commitment to the CPS Energy Core Values of Trust, Safety, Performance, Respect, Teamwork, and Customer Commitment.
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (Class A) within 120 days of being hired and have a safe driving record
- Experience with welding or using a cutting torch;
- Class A CDL license
- Delivering High-Quality Work
- Demonstrating Initiative
- Serving Customers
- Acting Decisively
- Working Safely
- High School Diploma or GED